Which infrastructure monitoring solution do you use to get real-time metrics?

Sonia Belokur
4 replies
What tool or toolset do you use to monitor your workstations as cloud, servers, databases, containers, etc.? Do you have such a solution on a corporate level in the company you work in? Is it open-source, cloud-native, SaaS? Thank you!

Replies

Solomon Bush
At my last job (Defense Industry) we used: - Splunk - Loggly My current job (Fintech Industry) we use: - Elastic, Logstash, Kibana (ELK Stack) - Data Dog - RollBar The only one I would recommend is Data Dog. However, all of them are difficult to set up, maintain, and use; and they all cost a fortune. They nickel and dime you for everything. I hated these so much that I created my own log aggregation software, Log Harvestor. I made it to be simple, fast, and flexible. If you want to see a Live Demo just go to Log Harvestor -> See Demo -> Live Demo But other than Log Harvestor, I would recommend Data Dog
Solomon Bush
@sonia_belokur Wow, your UI is really clean. It looks like you guys have put a lot of work into it. I have to step up my game lol.
Sonia Belokur
@solomon_bush thank you! Yeah, Datadog is good but truly expensive as for me. My company has created its own product for infra monitoring purposes, InsightCat https://insightcat.com/ We also faced the problem that lots of companies don't like to use Datadog, ELK, and other products because they are sometimes not user-friendly and if you are not a senior DevOps, you probably won't set it up properly.
Sonia Belokur
@solomon_bush thank you! we did our best and don't want to stop :)