๐ŸŒ Where do you work from and what are you working on?

Evelina Radoycheva
21 replies
Do you work from home? Or from an office? Or from somewhere else? Those of you who work from places other than an office or your home, recommend your favorite cafe or coworking space. Share with us where do you work from. And what you are working on. Help a fellow maker to find a place to hang out and do some work when in town. Let's turn this thread into a valuable resource for those of us who need a place to work remotely! Who knows, you might find other makers around you. Heck, does it sound too much like dating for makers? Never mind ๐Ÿ™Š

Replies

Jonathan Massabni
Currently remote from home. Restrictions from my job's VPN require it. but Digital Nomad is the goal!
Evelina Radoycheva
@jonathanm used to be a digital nomad for a few years and I plan to resume once the covid madness slows down. Ah, memories!
Joseph V. Lawrence
A good place to work from? Hm, I don't know about that, but I can tell you where NOT to work from: from the cold, hard concrete floor of Kuala Lumpur's central station... That was where the only power outlet was...
Ng Fang Kiang
Work remotely from anywhere!
Evelina Radoycheva
@jorcus where are you based? Would you recommend a place to work from?
Well on my side projects I tend to work from home as I just like my desktop setup rather than using a laptop on a regular basis. Also the COVID restrictions in Singapore make it much less appealing to go out!
Antonis S
Work from office but for my side project I work from my hub - private office also. I am not working at home. Difficult to focus on work and be productive.
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
Hybrid! Mostly from home, but I do visit the office once or twice a week :)
Rosie Higgins
I work from anywhere, currently from a village in the south of Spain :) I'm working on a platform that helps remote workers and communities hang out in 3D virtual spaces If anyone wants to hang out in our virtual garage with us come and say hi :D https://app.thegrapevine.tech/pu...
Evelina Radoycheva
@rosie_higgins_grapevine Checked your website. Interesting idea. I spent a few months in the South of Spain before the pandemic. Sevilla was my base but traveled in the area every weekend. Loved it!
Alina Ihnatiuk
I work at home. My job is internet marketing ... All the time I want to work in a cafe, but at home it is more comfortable in my favorite clothes))
Evelina Radoycheva
@antonovna loose pants, oversized shirt and a messy bun. That's me, lol.
@antonovna Same here, literally sitting in my pyjamas and getting work done on the couch, best place to be! :)
Ira GI
I work where I have to. I donโ€™t have a definite place, but I donโ€™t sit at home))
Collin Thompson
I work from home, but my home is now in Bangkok. I do short trips to Hua hin, Koh Samui, and Phuket. I love working from villas, outside, with my coffee and vape. I usually work next to the pool with my overhead canopy. I'm not a huge fan of coworking spaces because to me they're just McOffices, although there are some super amazing lifestyle and wellness workspaces that have been popping up in Thailand, Tuluum, and other places that mix eating, living, and play all in one place they're kinda like country clubs for digital nomad and remote workers. I'm building a platform for remote teams, digital nomads and freelancers called intrepid (https://tryintrepid.com) where you can manage your remote team or find remote work all in one place. We building a modern productivity and lifestyle app that help a new generation of businesses, creators and developers to work and live the way they want.
Clรฉment Rog
Working from a music studio held by a friend in Lyon, France. And I'm building (with other folks) slite.com
Jon TRAVENS
Iโ€™m in Bordeaux, France - my homebase - until spring, working from a small boat. But I actually move a lot in Europe, enjoying the freedom of full remote to visit friends, family and new places. I've been working on whereareyou.today, an app to build a public page telling where you are / will be. I'm currently working on cozylist.co, an app to create an online guidebook for your home, to help hosts better communicate with their guests and save both of them some precious time. (launching soon on PH)
MarkTennant
Who can tell me how quickly you can bring the site to the top This is such a project. https://tiresap.com, I own the basics of seo, little experience, what is the best place to start?