Where do founders look to find designers or design agencies?

Chris Ashby
12 replies
Hey PH, I'm looking to expand outreach for my business We Are Heroes (weareheroes.digital), and wanted to get a better understanding of what the main places are that founders look to find designers or design agencies. What websites? What type of people in your network? What social media platforms? Anywhere else? If anyone can help me on this it would be hugely appreciated! Thanks 😊

Replies

Jennifer
Hey Chris, Generally Linkedin, Upwork, and word of mouth from other founders, friends or web developers
Zoe Tan
Not a founder, but I've used 99Designs and Dribbble to look for designers to help our team with design assets. You can even find design agencies on those platforms as well
Amarnath Nagula
If I were in your shoes, I would do the following things. 1. Post a job on Twitter, Product Hunt, Indie hackers 2. Shortlist design influencers on Youtube and request them to post the job listings on their personal website 3. If VC funded, request them to post about the job on their website as well to get more visibility
Hussain Effendi
I generally look on Behance and Ribble and also just like @jennifer00 I too get most of my work for design through word of mouth referrals. Curious to know more about WeAreHeroes and if you could direct me to your design portfolio. Cheers!
Manoj Ranaweera
Had a look at https://www.weareheroes.digital/. Awesome idea. Like the design of your website. For us, we have free design volunteers at www.skilledup.life - as the operator of the service, we use our own volunteers. So far, everything has been done by me. I'm no designer. But recently interviewed a freelance designer who wants to get additional experience. Hopefully she will join our team. All the best with your service Chris.