Where are you from? - get to know each other! (and where is your company based?)

Gabriele Sangrigoli
23 replies
--> Answer from which continent you are from in the pool, than write which country in the comment! <-- I am just curious. It looks like the majority here are from english speaking countries. Well, actually I don't know that much. It feels like it is not so easy to build boundaries on the platform since we are all concentrated on lanching products. Guys, be part of the community! Know new people! Be curious! It is fun, I swear! --> Answer from which continent you are from in the pool, than write which country in the comment! <--

Replies

Angi Bowman
Hello, Gabriele! I'm in the US in the Kansas City metro area. While the metro straddles Kansas and Missouri, Lucky Orange is headquartered on the Kansas side. A handful of our team lives in Missouri while the rest live in Kansas. There may be some hot debates here as to which side of the state line has the best smoked barbecue. ;-)
Gabriele Sangrigoli
@lucky__angi Ahahahah unpopular opinion: best smoked barbecue is in Dallas, Texas :)
Angi Bowman
@gabriele_sangrigoli Oh man! Those are fighting words up here! ;-)
Alexey Shashkov
Hey! I live in Moscow, Russia. And we're going to incorporate our company Getlanding.io in Delaware, USA.
Solomon Bush
🏔 Salt Lake City, Utah
Pierre Kraus
Hey! I'm from France and the company is based in Wilmington, North Carolina. What about you @gabriele_sangrigoli ?
Gabriele Sangrigoli
@pierre_kraus I'm italian, living in Oslo. The company is based in Luxembourg :D
Helen Xu
Hello @gabriele_sangrigoli! Both SmartMatch and myself are based in Toronto though we recruit remotely for companies all over North America. Anyone else also working cross -country, -continent, or globally?
Alina Ihnatiuk
Hey! I am from Ukraine, but I live in Poland, and I work for a company located in Los Angeles :)
Gabriele Sangrigoli
@antonovna Cool! Was it difficult to get the job?
Alina Ihnatiuk
@gabriele_sangrigoli You know, I'm lucky. The employer found me himself. + he is so good that he does not look at the lack of my experience, he teaches everything himself. I believe that this is luck and nothing else! :))
Gabriele Sangrigoli
@antonovna Wow Alina, that's pure luck. Was it because of your CV? knowledge about the market or.. ?
Alina Ihnatiuk
@gabriele_sangrigoli I completed courses in remote professions (10 directions). The curators gave good recommendations. 2 weeks internship ... the employer noticed how quickly I was learning and decided to give a chance.
Gabriele Sangrigoli
@antonovna love it! Can I ask you what is the name of the courses you took?
Mahak from Outgrow
I am from India, my company is USA based
Gabriele Sangrigoli
@mahak Hi! Can I ask you how you landed your first job as Data Analyst?
Mahak from Outgrow
@gabriele_sangrigoli yup it was placement from college. Are you also interested in Data. Machine learning field?
Gabriele Sangrigoli
@mahak Absolutely! I'm going to do a master degree in business and data analytics. It will cover arguments such as machine learning, data, sql, python, R, statistical modelling etc. Any advices?
Mahak from Outgrow
@gabriele_sangrigoli wow! you should definitely go for master degree. I am also thinking to apply for the same but may be after a year. Which country are you from?