Whats the best day to submit a product on PH

Terrell Green
16 replies
Whats the best day to submit a product on PH, and do you need a Hunter to launch your product?

Replies

Siena Romes
Avoid weekends. It tends to get buried. Weekdays like Monday and Tuesday have the most visibility.
Nicole Ogloza
Tuesdays are the most competitive and visible from what I've seen, Friday, Sat, Sun aren't the best for visibility, but the best chances for less competitive products to get your name to the top.
Terrell Green
@nicole_ogloza Thank you so much for you feedback Nicole! I'm excited to be launching my new sport product on PH soon! Your Social Media app looks very interesting!
Nir V
Not sure if it will be helpful, but did some research on Hacker News to answer the same question - https://www.arnica.io/blog/hacki...
Solomon Bush
I agree with the other comments. Pick a weekday and get a hunter if you don't have a significant network on PH.
Pablo Fatas
Mid-week = more upvotes/competitive. better chances at product of the week ends of the week= less upvotes but better chance at product of the day :)
Paul VanZandt
It really depends on what your goals are. Weekends are the best if you really want the product of the day (less competition) but if you want views/signups, the best days will be the ones with the most traffic (Tues, Wed, Thurs). I hope this helps!
Mark Wellman
We chose Friday (https://www.producthunt.com/upco...) because we heard Mon-Thurs are generally when bigger products launch and it can be tough to get visibility. After speaking to a few people who launched on PH it came down to Friday or Saturday for us. We wanted more weekend visibility time so Friday it is!
Terrell Green
@mark_wellman Hey Mark thanks for the advice! since you're a smaller company did you need a hunter to launch your product?
Mark Wellman
@forehandstrike we're using one for our launch this Friday. He's been a huge help answering questions and keeping us on track. I would definitely recommend using a hunter!
Kazimieras Melaika
Nice remarks, everyone! We're still working on our product and we are planning to launch at the start of May. We recently launched our upcoming PH page, I think it's really important to do that before launching the product. Check our upcoming PH page out: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed health tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Dylan Merideth
I understand Hunters help add credibility to founding teams that lack the social presence to back them, a way of co-opting someones following for your own uses for the launch. Interesting about the difference between weekdays and weekends, not sure where my product falls on "competitiveness" but we will sure see nonetheless
Thomas Schranz ⛄️
There are a few guides floating around that recommend to launch on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday because these days see more organic traffic (less traffic around weekends). That said: it feels like quite a few makers base their decisions on these guides which makes the 3 days even more competitive than other days. Also from an organizational point of view startups and corporates tend to launch things during workdays: If you are an indie maker launching on a weekend or a holiday might actually be to your advantage (then again: some holidays are popular for launches so it is complicated …). That said 2: It is difficult to predict who else will launch on a given day so I would not worry too much about it and mainly focus on your own schedule and make sure the day fits into your own timeline.