What you will suggest to a beginner who is starting with "web3"?

Jitendra Pal
8 replies
I am a CS student and looking to deep dive into web3 concepts on my own. Can you please suggest me some better resources or tell me where to start as a beginner? I was thinking of starting by learning Ethereum Blockchain.

Replies

Melissa Henderson
Hi Jitendra! Congrats on learning CS! I would suggest picking a topic or interest and exploring the people, products and tech that are currently building in that space. For example, if you are interested in NFTs, I'd look at Bored Ape Yacht Club's NFT contract on the Ethereum blockchain. Here's the official contract: https://etherscan.io/token/0xbc4... If you scroll to the code part of the contract, you can start exploring the code and functions used to create this massively successful project. I'd also recommend following developers on Twitter. The industry is quickly evolving. Find something that piques, and just go for it! Say hi to us on Twitter! We'd love to keep up with your journey! -ApeWorX
Michael Silber
If you're interested in Ethereum smart contracts, you would probably want to start with learning Solidity. A great resource for learning more what other people are doing in the web3 space is the Modern Finance podcast that @kevinrose is putting out. He has another focused on NFTs called Proof.
Jitendra Pal
@kevinrose @product_at_producthunt First I want to clear all the concepts of web3 then will start with solidity. Thank you for letting me know about kevin.
Alexander Gusev
I was recently learning Solidity and I can note that cryptozombies.io is pretty good for the beginning. It also covers NFTs and frontend interaction.
@gssvv_ this looks really cool, thank you! This field is still such a mystery to me, hope these zombies will help understanding