What you don't like about the product hunt website and want to change it immediately?

Jitendra Pal
8 replies
Personally I don't like to scroll down to last comment to add a new comment on the product's post page.

Replies

Farhan Kabir
I think PH needs to have a Notification button for users. I ofter forgets who responded to my messages and stuffs. Notification icon helps me here. But ain't seem to have the functionality here :( Maybe it has and I'm wrong. Would love to know about it though
David J. Kim
@farhan_kabir Hmm? On the notification section I always get who responded to me & who upvoted me.
Farhan Kabir
@between_team Yes, correct! I get it too. But its just that when I'm surfing through PH, I don't see any notification icon or something. I think that might be a bit helpful for me if some pointers or bells were there that could guide me the notifications. However, I guess the emails/ Notification helps though
My Thoughts: - Ability to message users (DM) within the platform. - Paid version to get rid of the "promoted" apps - Removal of the Show More in the Products pages - More dynamic product collections and showcases of new collections that are created - Updated Product Hunt Apps by the community (most are quite old) - Ability to send messages to your followers ( a ship page doesn't do this as they have to subscribe) - Fix the notifications on the mobile app, email and desktop site - such a mess as to when they are received and how they are closed. - ability to access the forums from the mobile app I could go on but it already looks like I'm moaning - but the point to take away is that there is a lot of potential here!
Jitendra Pal
@maxwellcdavis Agree with 1st ,4th and 7th point.
Aditya
Hey @palji10dra 👋 thank you for creating this discussions post. We have a comment box at the top as well. Did you miss catching it?
Jitendra Pal
@adityavsc How foolish I am, I thought it as some kind of feedback form because of that "yes/no" poll. It would be good if submit button text contains "comment" instead of "send".
Aditya
@palji10dra makes sense. Our team will work on this :)