What would you prefer when trying a new product: trial or demo? Poll πŸ‘‡

Lisa Dziuba
42 replies

Replies

Manish Rawat
Both coz I feel it's the best way to test the product.
Manish Rawat
@lisadziuba Dont have a product right now, but I feel that the requirement for trail and demo varies according to the product. If we give both the options user gets a complete experience.
Lisa Dziuba
@manish_rawat1 which one works better for your product?
Lisa Dziuba
@manish_rawat1 it also comes with cost: running demo requires sales team and sales process. As well as having smooth self-serve requires someone who will set up it.
Lisa Dziuba
@manish_rawat1 so it should be best option for user.
Lisa Dziuba
I believe in "show vs tell" approach, so the user get the taste of product value right away. Curious, how most ppl prefer trying products 😌
@lisadziuba Great question. Start simply without an email first just to try. And then sign-up if the user loves and needs the product or service. This saves time, storage on both ends, then there is opportunity cost at hand. Ultimately, it would just be unnecessary when you actually think about it.
Lisa Dziuba
@dezinify > And then sign-up if the user loves and needs the product or service. I feel that starting without email is like doing yourself a bad favour. Without email you can not continue conversation with the user, as simple as it could be with the email.
Mayank Mishra
Option A: Self-service: just use a trial!
Lisa Dziuba
@mishra_mayank with leaving email or without leaving email? :)
Lisa Dziuba
@mishra_mayank @adiatlov always do best for users πŸ˜‚
Volodymyr Spodaryk
Use trial and sandbox accounts if there are any API.
Lisa Dziuba
@volodymyr_spodaryk > A sandbox is an isolated testing environment that enables users to run programs or execute files without affecting the application, system or platform on which they run. Sandbox accounts run in the same server environment as production accounts, but they use a completely separate data space I didn't know about sandbox accounts before, so it's just easier way to make accounts?
Volodymyr Spodaryk
@lisadziuba yes, and you can easily create many of them if you need for testing without any trials or expirations. And some other useful testing features depending on platform.
Lisa Dziuba
@volodymyr_spodaryk wow! thanks a lot for explanation πŸ™Œ
Nik Hazell
I find it infuriating when I can't see how the product works, and I can't even see indicate pricing. Is it $1 per person, or $1000????
Lisa Dziuba
@nik_hazell that happens with many online courses, you need to scroll to the very end of the page, read all the syllables and reviews, leave your email, request a call and maybe, somewhere in FAQ, you will find the price.
Lisa Dziuba
@nik_hazell I feel your pain πŸ™Œ
Lisa Dziuba
I'm really curious who is that person who wants a demo first πŸ€” 😯
Volodymyr Spodaryk
@lisadziuba person who make decisions and pays but doesn't use solution.
Alexander Diatlov
We need to put ourselves in your buyer’s shoes. Some people want a salesperson to take them through a demo and some prefer to try a product on their own.
Lisa Dziuba
@adiatlov which one was better for Ecoisme?
Lisa Dziuba
@adiatlov always do what's best for users πŸ’›
Gleb Braverman
Self service + ReadMe!
Lisa Dziuba
@gleb_braverman ah, probably you mean "ReadMe" file for instructions...
robiul haque
trial vs demonstration should be best option i think.
soylakate
I'd rather sign up and use a trial myself.
Lisa Dziuba
@soylakate that what most ppl prefer based on the poll results.
Veronika Vinichenko
Thanks for this question, it got me thinking!
Lisa Dziuba
@nika_vinichenko Ideally, our users should not think, they should get the best option to use our product 😌
Nick
@lisadziuba Both should be preferred to do a proper evaluation and due diligence of the product. Demo leads to trial, trial leads to a trusted demonstration of value adds and this leads to loyal customers. A good sales funnel would work on creating more entry points for the prospects. We offer both a free demo, a free trial and have also gone ahead to give discounts to all PH users on their first subscription. Focussing on long-term relationships, this approach works well for us. Do check out our latest launch and share your views. Would love to answer any questions that you might have.