What would you expect out of a business book club?

Alissa Anne Pagano
5 replies
Hi all 👋 Would like to crowdsource some ideas haha. I'm trying to build a "business book club" Slack community from scratch, as a companion for an MVP. What would a minimum viable community look like to you? What do you expect from the idea of a book club, and what would feel right in a business-oriented one? Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions!! Thanks!

Replies

Nik Hazell
Launching soon!
Accountability is a massive one for me. It's also reaaaaally important to choose the right book. So many business books hammer home one message for 15 chapters - find one with important, specific standalone topics that can be discussed, not just a whole book waffling on one point!
Nik Hazell
Launching soon!
@alissaannepagano Nothing more annoying than a book that takes 200 pages to re-iterate 1 point 😆
Alissa Anne Pagano
@nik_hazell So true, the one note books really grate on people's nerves don't they haha. Thanks. Picking out the standalone topics is great advice!
Alissa Anne Pagano
Example: I was thinking reading buddies, because so many people seem intimidated or overwhelmed by business and industry reading. A buddy would help with accountability and give you someone to digest it with. There's also the classic communal read of course.
Sofia Polonska
Cool discussions every week with a glass of wine)