WHAT WAS YOUR BEST PRODUCTIVITY HACK EVER??

Mayank Mishra
10 replies
TBH we all are somewhere struggling to keep up with our Productivity since the locked downs happened, we are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel but still, there's a long way to go. We all have tried many different hacks, tricks, tools, and cool ideas to work efficiently during the pandemic. Here is your chance to be that cool person on PH to share it with the community.! Looking forward to some unusual hacks too ;) PS: I started doing most of my meetings by taking a walk! it was very helpful.

Replies

Alice Rodgers
I prefer to use pomodoro technique in my daily life: split the work into 25 minutes activities and small rewards after every of them)
Mayank Mishra
@cn__katie oh never knew about this, will check it out, thanks!
Nik Hazell
Launching soon!
@cn__katie I did this for a while - I found it great for a bit, but after about 6 months found that it was really getting me down. How long have you managed to use Pomodoro for?
Alice Rodgers
@nik_hazell I have 4 months of pomodoro experience by now) I also use it together agile diary (break the year into 8-9 weeks sprints and achieve short term goals step by step) (3 sprints done by now, I am quite happy with the results by now)
Gleb Braverman
Love doing walking meetings, as well as walking zoom calls etc. Also, taking a break every 50 mins or so to stretch my legs and clear the mind is super helpful. For long term stuff I enjoy any time of extreme sports.
Mayank Mishra
@gleb_braverman wow that's very cool, what kind of adventure sports are you in? and as a funder how do you plan your vacations?
Gleb Braverman
@mishra_mayank I do skiing, snowboarding, wakeboarding, motocross and anything else that has wheels or a board or similar ✌🏻 Vacations - I don't plan them haha, they either happen or they don't!
Isabel Nyo
I don't really consider them as hacks but these are the things I do. - Be ruthless with my calendar and theme my day so I can reserve focus time (eg: Meetings days, Writing days, Strategy days, etc) - Observe my energy levels and schedule appropriate activities - Understand what sparks my creativity and do more of that regularly - Not relying on my memory β€” Record any ideas within 20 seconds - Feed my mind with good knowledge (books, podcasts, videos, etc) - Do nothing for a period of time and let my mind wander You can read my article on how as a manager, I get much needed β€œmaker” time and more importantly, a sense of satisfaction and productivity kick: https://eisabainyo.net/weblog/20...
Mayank Mishra
@eisabai wow, gonna check this article, thanks for the kick!
Rostane Gribi
Simple yet efficient: Write a list ! Not too short, not too long, from 3 to 5 important things to do that day and stick to it. We apply it in our team and even wrote about it, hope it helps: https://zenkit.com/en/blog/how-t...