What was the best channel that drives traffic for your business?

Alara Akcasiz
56 replies

Replies

Lionel
So far Reddit has been the best but I suspect that will change as my social media and content marketing efforts gain traction.
Zeng
@lionelwc Any tips for reddit? I just started 1 day ago.😅
Lionel
@zeng The most effective strategy for me so far has been answering people's questions in related threads and mentioning my app if it might help solve their problem/answer their question. I also ask them to give feedback if they do take a look.
@zeng @lionelwc Be careful though, I made a rookie mistake once and got banned for over-promoting
Lionel
@zeng @alara_akcasiz Yes! So far, I've avoided any bans. I answer questions even if there's no opportunity to mention my app. Contribute value and only promote where it makes sense, is relevant and will possibly help someone. If you're only posting when you see an opportunity to promote yourself, you'll probably be called out on it or banned.
Ben Katz
@zeng @alara_akcasiz @lionelwc This is great advice. @alara_akcasiz do you have any best practices for how to avoid bans outside of just spreading out your engagement? Any known taboos for example?
Daniel Burns
Social media platforms, but those are highly dependent on your target audience. For us, as a SaaS B2B business, LinkedIn seems to be working out the best so far.
Mike Nash
@testifi same for us. Especially early in product adoption, LinkedIn has been super effective at activating our collective network. We have a regular blog post we push out to LinkedIn, Medium, and Twitter right now, but it's all LinkedIn traffic that converts so far.
Daniel Burns
@alara_akcasiz My assumption is that you might not have a big active follower base. My recommendation is that you should actively engage your employees with the posts. Also, be consistent with posting high quality posts on regularly.
Daniel Burns
@heymikenash That's great! We tried with Twitter, but it wasn't really that successful. We haven't tried Medium yet. What do you think, should we try also with Medium?
Mike Nash
@testifi it's not generating any real traffic for us right now, but we also have a super low follower count. We just haven't put the effort in yet to grow our footprint there. FWIW, the strategy of 'blindly cross-post on medium and they will come' doesn't seem to work :)
Daniel Burns
@heymikenash Thank you for your feedback! Yeah, I think that having a big (and active) follower base makes the biggest impact overall! I think we should keep focusing on LinkedIn instead jumping to Medium or Twitter, for now :)
Abdul Wasay Waqas
The following are common channels that can drive traffic to a website: - Search engines (e.g. Google, Bing) - Social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) - Referral traffic (e.g. links from other websites) - Direct traffic (e.g. people typing the URL directly into their browser) - Email marketing - Paid advertising (e.g. Google AdWords, Facebook Ads) - Content marketing (e.g. blog posts, videos, infographics) - Influencer marketing - Affiliate marketing - Offline advertising (e.g. print, TV, radio) Let me know if you any specific question from these above channels.
Gerardo Gomez
The company's Social Media
Uday Patel
Channels on which platform.
Kevin Xu
Social media for sure
haha.og
For physical products, I have good traffic just by selling on Amazon. I've paid for Google Ads to get traffic to my website, but just being on Amazon gets me sales there...many more than on my website. I do pay for Amazon Keyword Ads, but I tend to average more sales from buyers finding the product where Amazon displays it with related products.
@batteystreetventures how much does Amazon gets from each transaction?
haha.og
@alara_akcasiz , since I use their FBA service they take $9.94 per unit sold. That includes fullfillment, storage, and referral fees. I make about $5 more profit when selling on my website, but I get way more orders on Amazon...people are there to shop!
Martin Ratinaud
For me and https://stakingcrypto.io, it was definitely Reddit and then Twitter. I automatized the fact that on any new staking rate change, it creates a tweet/post. On Twitter the results are cool and still on On Reddit, the adoption was massive but I got banned and have no idea how to get unbanned.If you have an idea by the way I want it!
Harley coates
I think quora, so far so good.
GamerSeo
It all depends on the industry. Each industry has different rules.
Ágh Helmut
My previous customers say nice things about me and new customers come through their network. But SEO (and Google Maps) was also an important source of new leads. 😀
Utkarsh Gupta
The best channel for driving traffic to our video conferencing tool (getlens.io) has been word-of-mouth because we have seen that once educators and students experience the magic of real-time polls, leaderboards, and in-session engagement activities, they keep talking about it non-stop. And that's the kind of promotion money can't buy!
Amir Andohkosh
For a Food, eco-conscious app: twitter, and linkedin have been quite good. I gave Reddit a go but got banned pretty quickly :D
Nadim
For b2b SaaS that just launched or in early stages: discussion forums related to your product, and light google ads.
Ruben Lozano
Hey! The answer depends on the startup that I work with but I will say definitely Organic Search is the best channel by far. What is the best channel for a SaaS startup?
Sheiryl Jose
Quality traffic for our brand came from organic efforts :) But last year, surprisingly, traffic from Linkedin and Tiktok were among those channels that have longer page sessions compared to other SocMed channels :)
Fatimah Zafar
I feel that it really depends upon what product or business you have. For a B2B SaaS, LinkedIn and Facebook groups (specifically related to your niche and product) works the best.
Utkarsh Gupta
My best is on Product Hunt. We have launched "Lens - 10x your engagement in Zoom sessions" today. Let's see if this channel works! 🚀