What was the best advice you received when you started your business? 💡

Slava Bobrov
8 replies

Replies

Billy
Just get started. You are going to mess it up so you may as well get on with it.
Ezzat Suhaime
@billynzl This is my first comment on PH. Just started on this platform and this comment gave confidence, thanks!
Eugene Hauptmann
"Don't look at what your competitors do." This is crucial when you just getting started with your business, and it can take away lots of your focus. It's good to spend good time researching the market and validating the product-market fit. But once you do, don't copy your competitors, build stuff your customers want and ask for.
David J. Kim
@eugenehp Agreed. While it's important to be mindful on how you'll differentiate yourself from what's out there, most companies die from suicide, not from competition.
Eugene Hauptmann
@between_team I like the "suicide vs competition" part. Unique Selling Point (USP) is the key. Gladly you don't need to create your own category to succeed, just do 20% better 🚀
Surender Singh
"Highs are very high and lows are quite low". Helps me keep my emotions in check when i face a bad day.
Dinakar Sakthivel
Don't listen to quotes. They look best on car bumpers, and sure, they seem motivating but a majority of them don't apply for real life implementations.
Juanjo Fernández
The perfect is the enemy of the good. This is somewhat similar to what @billynzl says and, for a technical entrepreneur as I am, this is very important. Every day I have to repeat it to myself because I know that technical things can always be done better, and there are always new stuff to learn and practice, but at some point you must stop because it's enough for the current moment.