What Twitter growth strategy worked for you?

Tanoy Chowdhury
15 replies
I have been trying to grow my Twitter account for months now. I have been successful to some extent, but I'm looking for more ideas. My inspiration is drying up. So, if you're active on Twitter & have successfully grown your brand, please help me(and several others who will read this thread) to grow their presence too. P.S - Share your Twitter profile when you comment. I want to follow you.

Replies

Gurpinder Singh
Go for threads, reply to people and make a valuable point.
Tanoy Chowdhury
@gurpinder_singh Writing a thread and replying to accounts are the common suggestions I'm getting from people. It's time for me to double down on these.
Daniel Engels
reacting to some popular posts did bring me some followers. Can't call it a fulscale success though.
Tanoy Chowdhury
@daniel_engels Yes, this strategy works. I follow some big accounts, and comment on their posts regularly. I try to be as early as possible to gain more traction.
Lucian Tartea
@daniel_engels Subscribing to this approach. It works well
Lucian Tartea
These are more like tactics not a well defined strategy but hope they help. My account is https://twitter.com/luciantartea - Posting genuine useful content for a niche that's not that small (beginner web developers). It's important to find your niche but don't address advanced members of it. Focus on beginners which are plenty - 1 or 2 tweets per day and a lot of positive constructive comments. Just liking will not get your profile seen - As soon as you tweet go on a comment spree because in most cases your tweet will be pushed towards the people you commented to - Give breathing room between your tweets of a couple of hours - Tried giveaways and failed miserably. The results were far from my expectations - Place a link in your profile that certifies your authenticity like a portfolio, product, something that your are proud of and fits with the niche - Profile cover doesn't matter at all, a short and clear bio does (with the above mentioned link). Also having a real photo helps - Invest in purchasing bigger accounts products and try to build win-win relationships with them by positive interaction
Tanoy Chowdhury
@luciantartea Thanks Lucian. That's a very detailed answer. I think if I follow what you have just said here and stay consistent with it, I will see some good results coming my way. I have started following you
Lucian Tartea
@tanoy27 I am sure you will feel a positive increase, thanks for your feedback
Areeb Pasha
I unfortunately cannot post images here, but I tweeted 219 times and have gotten 372K impressions so far. Plus I have only 170 followers. Reach is crazy on twitter honestly.
Tanoy Chowdhury
@areeb_pasha Those are some impressive numbers, Areeb! I think you're doing great. I have also observed that if you tweet more, you start getting higher impressions. Keep going. My best wishes are with you
Paul VanZandt
Commenting to keep track of this thread - I need to improve our business's Twitter interactions and see some good ideas here.
Tanoy Chowdhury
@paul_vanzandt Great! If you know someone who has built their Twitter profile from the ground up, ask them to comment here.
Shruti
Tweeting at least twice per day on topics related to your niche so you do appear on timeline at least once a day. Engaging with other accounts related to your niche so you appear in their notifications and so you are noticed. These are good to begin with
Tanoy Chowdhury
@shruti_s Yup, these are some great points, Shruti. I think I have to stay consistent with these to see some impressive numbers