What should be my user growth percentage goals?

Edgar
4 replies
As a founder of a company that's launching today I'm wondering what are realistic user growth targets that I should have for launch, and the upcoming months. Any advice?

Replies

Manoj Ranaweera
I'll share what we did with my latest tech startup www.skilledup.life (free talent for tech startups). Maybe it will help. 1st Aug 2020 - went live with an initial target of acquiring 1000 volunteers in 12 months. This time I wanted to have a target that is achievable. But it took 176 days to onboard the first 100 volunteers. However, with the help of other volunteers, we hit the target with 24 hours to go. Our second year target is to add 10,000 Volunteers, i.e. 10x. All above is the Supply Side of the 2 sided marketplace. Our current metrics www.skilledup.life/metrics - it mentions our demand side targets. https://hoku.travel/ looks like fun! Wish you all the best. What's your strategy of acquiring users?
Edgar
@manojranaweera Will definitely look into your company
Edgar
@manojranaweera Thanks for sharing your strategy! I launched Hoku today with the goal of reaching 200 users by the end of the weekend. I have about 80 users as of now so Im hoping for a few more. I have been heavily advertising organically through my networks and social media. Since my niche is traveling I have been able to attract people easily sharing a lot of cool vides and images of my travel. The reason I asked is because after the 200 I had no idea how to set realistic goals so your advice helps. I was reading that Y combinator advices to have a weekly target of 6% but that seems low for my area. I'm aiming to get around 10k users in the next year. I know my app will attract one person that will then get all their friends to sign up to plan their vacations.
Manoj Ranaweera
@edgar1 yes, your app has lot more virility compared to www.skilledup.life. If you want to build a small user acquisition team - let's say 5 volunteers to start with, do let me know. Could be an interesting challenge for us.