What's your on-boarding process for the new employees?

Vio Vanica
6 replies
Wondering if you have someone who does the on-boarding in person or you have sort of a wiki for the new employees, so that they can acces the information about the company within a virtual guide.

Replies

Dimitris Karavias
Figuring out now- I'm putting the entire company on Notion so in theory everyone can find all the info they need in one place, including tasks, ideas, guidelines, general documentation, financials, KPIs. I'm the one doing the onboarding and the biggest challenge is shaping the culture. Showing people from Day 1 how we work, what bad habits from the past to leave, and what to expect from their new colleagues.
Vio Vanica
@dkaravias how long does it take the on-boarding process?
Dimitris Karavias
@viorica_vanica Good question. It's not very formal at this point so I'm not sure when someone is considered "onboarded". How do you define it?
Vio Vanica
@dkaravias From my previous experience, it took around 2 weeks (where we taught them the way we work internally via a self-explanatory guide + a mentor who was assigned to help whenever they had questions). They also had different kind of homework and tasks (like how to make a cubic rubic in less than 1 min and do it) and, someone was considered "onboarded" whenever he/she was applying the things they learned within the 2 weeks kind of internship. (like email processing and zero inbox policy, etc)
Dimitris Karavias
@viorica_vanica A mentor/buddy (who is not the new joiner's manager) is a great idea, it worked well at a previous company too