What's your favourite work model ? Why does it work for you ?

Arun Pariyar
20 replies
With so many possibilities now available what do you choose πŸ‘‡

Replies

Pablo Fatas
Currently at SigmaOS we are full office except wednesdays where people can chose to work from home. Ideally I would love the flexibility of being full hybrid. But I have done full remote and I did not like it. Felt unproductive and lonely. Your work feels a lot more abstract if you’re just working from home or a coffee shop for me. Being in the office makes me feel part of something.
Arun Pariyar
@pablo_fatas I cant imagine going fully remote at this point. As you mentioned I like the flexibility and freedom of hybrid so far. May be at some point I could get used to it lets see.
Arun Pariyar
@pablo_fatas I can totally relate with you on this I had similar experience when doing fully remote. There is just something about going to the office say your greetings, be greeted and getting on with work πŸ˜„ I am hoping hybrid model will be the way to go as we move forward.
Pablo Fatas
@arunpariyar There is a big push for full remote and clearly a lot of people have benefited from it. I think hybrid just adds that fexibility and freedom for people to chose
Sarah Jordi
I'm self-employed now, which probably means I'm fully remote. But since I'm working with many friends, I also sometimes join them in their offices. So I kind of get the best of both worlds at the moment. :) I enjoy the flexibility this gives me. And while I appreciate the in-person moments an office can offer, I believe that we overestimate the actual value and use of these moments (when looking at it from an efficiency perspective). It's the social part, that we like so much. And I strongly believe that we can still have them with team lunches/afterwork drinks or other team activities.
Arun Pariyar
@sarahxjo You are right sometime we do overestimate the actual value of in-person. However, one area that I have seen where in-person brings a lots of value is during times when we are facing a rough patch. In-person communication just help get past that state and bring us back to calm, ready to go. Thank you sharing your views and experience πŸ‘.
Aurelian Spodarec
@sarahxjo Right, imagine being as most efficient as possible saving all money, all time, sitting at home locked in, not going anywhere, and then dying. Doesn't seem fun : p There are periods where you want to be focused and scarifice, but do you want to sit all day at the desk and live an online life only? I don't think that's how people work xd Id rather come to the office, but at the odd days stay remote. It also depends how far the office is, if its nice etc... Imagine earning 5billion where you can buy a jet and all that, that'll be like the worst day in your life, because then what next, its the journey isn't it ^^ It is scary to think about it when a person becomes confident, good at public speaking etc... what else could you do/learn challene yourself with right. I'm rambling though now :D
Arun Pariyar
@aurelianspodarec Hey Aurelian, Thanks for sharing you thoughts, pretty intense but I totally get what you mean. I think this topic is something that in everyone's mind and thus the reason I asked this question to get a discussion started. I have seen all models work for people but thats not to say that they choose one model for the rest of their life. It really depends on ones situation and personality as well. I have marketing friends going all digital nomad and also friends who would like to work with their colleague but cant because they do remote work from a different country all together. We all want to strive for a good balance and our personal goals depending on which walk of life we are in. With regards to the what next in life a good example I can think of is bill gates who after successfully becoming the world billionaire for many years I believe now is serving a more humanitarian purpose. Whats next can be scary but I think once we get there we find something meaningful to pursue. Again Thanks for sharing :)
Aurelian Spodarec
@arunpariyar I think I directed that too much at you, I was just talking in general as a 3rd person :D Yeah. Younger people like myself seem to prefer the office quite a lot, wheres older people seem to want to stay home. But like mentioned in the comments and like you say it all depends, there's a plenty of variables :D I agree with you. Some people talk very absolute, but life is dynamic. One day you're doing X the other you're doing Y. Today single tomorrow married :D But yeah, I need to improve my communication as I feel like based on how you replied to me it came off a bit the wrong way :D
Arun Pariyar
Hey @aurelianspodarec, all is good. You didn't come about in any wrong way. This is a discussion we are sharing out thoughts and ideas πŸ‘
Cem Özçelik
hybrid model looks good for now
Arsen Misakyan
Hybrid is the best. - (Pros of Remote) Having the freedom to manage your own schedule is cool. I get more things done(not only work related) in the same amount of time. -(Cons of Remote) One downside for me is isolation. At the end of the day we are social beings and interacting with others is in our DNA. Working physically around other people that share the same goal improves my focus. It also helps me to avoid "social phobia":)
Arun Pariyar
Thanks for the pro's and con's @arsen_misakyan I think everyone can agree with them πŸ‘
Paul VanZandt
I've only ever worked remote (besides restaurants etc.) but I want to transfer to a hybrid/office environment one day. I find myself most productive around others that are working hard.
Arun Pariyar
@paul_vanzandt I can suggest you to join a co-working space in your area. Unless you need to be around your work colleagues this will work to be around others working hard just like yourself. . It's also a great environment to meet new people working in the next best thing. Speaking from experience πŸ˜„
錘武
Let me know if you need anything let me get back to work anytime today
錘武
Let me know when I’ll be home in a minute
Speedie
I just love the flexibility to do my work from anywhere. If I have the option to meet up with like-minded experts in my niche, I absolutely would like to meet for a casual conversation. Like some coffee meet-up to chill out.
Arun Pariyar
@conversionspree I sense a Digital Nomad path for you, all the best  πŸ‘
Andrew Isherwood
I would have thought there would have been a couple of people opting for the office environment - unsurprised by the majority of people opting for a hybrid model though. My startup is in this space, we've spoken to 100s of companies and seen the problem comes when people are told what to do such as "minimum 3 days in the office" (vs. "major team events in the office" which people are typically okay with.) When people are left to do what they want and given the tools to organize themselves they typically end up doing a hybrid model.