What's your favorite book?

Richard Fang
25 replies
I'm not really a big reader but would love to see recommendations!

Replies

David J. Kim
@james_clear @dzyngiri Ditto on this one, it's really good, no-nonsense book on how to improve your life. No chapters on "believing hard enough" or anything like that, just straight to the point advice.
Tarek Dajani
I am reading now Lean startup, seems very interesting @richardfliu
Richard Fang
@tdajani Always a good one to read!
David Gregorian
Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by Shunryu Suzuki. I stumbled across him while reading the biography of Steve Jobs :)
David J. Kim
I'd say a wonderful one is Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl. It's about a holocaust survivor and his experiences in a concentration camp. Some great quotes from it: “Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.” “Happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue.” “I recommend that the Statue of Liberty on the East Coast be supplemented by a Statue of Responsiblity on the West Coast.”
Daniel Baum
@between_team Amazing book, one of my favourites
Richard Fang
@between_team @daniel_baum Definitely will check this one out thanks!
Rene-Andre Yebakima
@between_team for sure one of the deepest books I had read so far
Daniel Baum
"Red Notice" by Bill Browder is an awesome true story!
Richard Fang
@daniel_baum I actually find reading biographys and stories probably the easiest reads for me! Will check it out :)
Daniel Baum
@richardfliu It's a must! Captivating business story and all true
7 habits of highly effective people. One of the best books I've read
Ignacio Carmona
"They Ask, You Answer" by Marcus sheridan
Rene-Andre Yebakima
"Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman. It shows that we are not as smart and reasoned as we think we are.
Ben
The Three-Body Problem (author Liu Cixin) Top science fiction.
Mitchell Orme
Meditations - Marcus Aurelius. A great way to reset your perspective and learn from some timeless words.
Ajeya
100 years of solitude!
Alex Hammond
Show Your Work- Austin Kleon
Benoit Chambon
The Silmarillion, J.R.R. Tolkien (ed. by C. Tolkien)
Alan Lee
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
Janinah
Superbetter by Jane McGonigal is a book I finished reading last week and loved! Before that the last good book I read was the Almanac of Naval Ravikant