What's your favorite book?

Richard Fang
25 replies
I'm not really a big reader but would love to see recommendations!

Replies

Tarek Dajani
I am reading now Lean startup, seems very interesting @richardfliu
David J. Kim
@james_clear @dzyngiri Ditto on this one, it's really good, no-nonsense book on how to improve your life. No chapters on "believing hard enough" or anything like that, just straight to the point advice.
David Gregorian
Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by Shunryu Suzuki. I stumbled across him while reading the biography of Steve Jobs :)
David J. Kim
I'd say a wonderful one is Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl. It's about a holocaust survivor and his experiences in a concentration camp. Some great quotes from it: “Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.” “Happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue.” “I recommend that the Statue of Liberty on the East Coast be supplemented by a Statue of Responsiblity on the West Coast.”
Daniel Baum
"Red Notice" by Bill Browder is an awesome true story!
Richard Fang
@daniel_baum I actually find reading biographys and stories probably the easiest reads for me! Will check it out :)
7 habits of highly effective people. One of the best books I've read
Ignacio Carmona
"They Ask, You Answer" by Marcus sheridan
Rene-Andre Yebakima
"Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman. It shows that we are not as smart and reasoned as we think we are.
Ben
The Three-Body Problem (author Liu Cixin) Top science fiction.
Mitchell Orme
Meditations - Marcus Aurelius. A great way to reset your perspective and learn from some timeless words.
Ajeya
100 years of solitude!
Alex Hammond
Show Your Work- Austin Kleon
Benoit Chambon
The Silmarillion, J.R.R. Tolkien (ed. by C. Tolkien)
Alan Lee
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
Janinah
Superbetter by Jane McGonigal is a book I finished reading last week and loved! Before that the last good book I read was the Almanac of Naval Ravikant