What's your current customer (user) feedback strategy?

Klaus-M. Schremser
2 replies
Hi product-hunters. Great to be here. I'm Klaus-M., co-founder of Usersnap and I would love to hear more about how you are using in your (SaaS) companies customer (+ user) feedback? And how are you bringing it into your product decisions? What does work for you and what not? How much of your product strategy is based on .... ? A) gut-feeling and intuition of the product-team and founders? B) on customer service + issues related feedback C) feedback from customers (passive and active ones) D) deep user research and insights Thanks. Greetings from Vienna.

Replies

Klaus-M. Schremser
I seem to not drag the attention to my question :( ... In case, you are still interested, we had a webinar on this topic ... https://usersnap.com/webinars
Dwayne Charrington
I try not to follow a complicated customer feedback strategy and keep it relatively short and simple. I prefer doing this to minimize the time lag between customer complaints and redressal. I follow 4 simple steps, and they are as follows: Asking for feedback: First things first, the process starts by letting the customers know what I am trying to understand using their insights. Then I use the three most common survey types, which are: NPS survey- To measure the likelihood of customers recommending my brand or product to their family and friends. It also highlights the number of promoters and detractors. CSAT survey- To measure the level of satisfaction of the customers with their purchase and interaction. CES score To understand the level of difficulty that the customers had to face while interacting with the brand. Categorizing the feedback: The next step is to categorize all the received data for relevant actions. I use an online tool called @qualaroo that automates the data mining and categorization process by analyzing it using an in-built AI-Powered analytics tool. Acting on the feedback: Once all the data is analyzed, I have an overview of all the insights that typically include minor bugs, major product issues, and feature requests. I then formulate a plan to address the issues and fix the problems that we overlooked initially. Follow-up with the customers: This step is more of an ethical one that I always like to follow. I try to send a follow-up message to my respondents, letting them know that their feedback has been considered, and we will make necessary changes to fit their needs. I cannot overemphasize the importance of this step to me because it makes the respondents feel special and helps maintain a long-term relationship. To answer your next question, we never base our product strategy on gut feelings and intuition. An in-depth customer feedback allows us to get actionable insights and develop product strategies backed by numeric data. Therefore, it would be fair to say that our product strategy is based on customer feedback and deep user research and insights.