What's the best website builder for startups, and why?

Alexey Shashkov
60 replies
Hello makers! I'm in the Discovery Stage of the Customer Development process, and I'm curious about the solution for building landing pages and websites you think is best strictly for startups and why?

Replies

Alexey Shashkov
@bakunc Hello, Monika. Do you buy website building from agencies like that?
Rhys Webber
I love Webflow, once you get the hand of it you can create websites which don't have that website-builder feel!
Atul Ghorpade
@rhyswebber01 I created website using WordPress before some months. Lot of work is pending. I want to build websites easily without thinking much tech stuff.
Alexey Shashkov
@rhyswebber01 Hello, Rhys! Webflow is awesome. Are there any things that you don’t love about Webflow?
Alexey Shashkov
@atulghorpade Hey Atul. Can we have a conversation on Zoom to chat about your previous experience?
Rhys Webber
@shashcoffe Hey Alexey, I notice you're building a landing page builder! Personal preference, I'd look at creating features which allow you to create design systems & style guides easily. With Webflow, you can add classes, but I'd love dedicated features 😄
Atul Ghorpade
@rhyswebber01 Frankly, I don't have good experience in CMS. But, if you have some work/opportunity for SEO, we can definitely talk.
Jaskiran Kaur
I don't know much about Website builder but I know a company which is Software Product Development Company and has launched Apps like CereKart(Online Ordering System), CereHome(On-Demand Home-Service App), CereConsult(Online Consultation App). They do develop apps and customize the above products I mentioned.
Alexey Shashkov
@jaskiran_kaur Hi Jaskiran. Do you mean they do custom app development?
Jaskiran Kaur
@shashcoffe Of course, I can tell you Alexey, do you have any requirements???
Jaskiran Kaur
@shashcoffe Of course, I can tell you Alexey, do you have any requirements?
Paul-Henri Hersen
Currently using umso, good but a bit frustrated when I see websites built on webflow
Alexey Shashkov
@ph_hersen Hey Paul! Thanks for your interesting reply. Why do you feel frustrated? Because Webflow’s websites are looking better than Umso’s?
Paul-Henri Hersen
@shashcoffe Exactly. Looking better + faster + more dynamic + more professionnal. Same thing for the blog part. But as I have other stuff to do than changing our website builder, I stay on Umso. But can't wait to change ! Yet, I still think Umso was the perfect choice for the first months, easy to deploy, free image libraries, custom html blocks... (I use https://chrome.google.com/websto... to know the website builder)
Alexey Shashkov
@ph_hersen Got it. Make sense. Thanks for the answer. Paul, can we chat a little about your experience with building websites for your projects? I’m curious about the most challenging part you faced and what have you done to try. I’m trying to find out the critical problem in that field. Can we have a Zoom call?
Paul-Henri Hersen
@shashcoffe Yes sure, please add me on linkedin (link in my profile)
Alexey Shashkov
@ph_hersen Connected you with a message.
Alexey Shashkov
@everett_berry Hello Everett. Thanks for the comment. What was the last time you built something with Webflow?
Alexey Shashkov
@everett_berry Wow, Everett, it’s beautiful! How much do you pay for it per month?
Vera Mirzoyan
It highly depends on your niche and goals. Website builders are so many these days, but you should choose one that best meets your needs. For instance, if you consider the e-learning niche, I would like to share https://uteach.io/ which is a website constructor for creators and offers e-learning tools, features, and solutions.
Alexey Shashkov
@vera_mirzoyan Great answer, Vera! Thank you. What was the last time you built a website on it?
Vera Mirzoyan
@shashcoffe I work on Uteach, so I make use of it on daily basis. What I want to emphasize is the consideration of the availability of required tools on the website builder. And what I highlight as well is the SEO functionality, as I consider website optimization the second duty after generating the platform.
Alexey Shashkov
@vera_mirzoyan Vera, can we have a Zoom to chat a bit more about your experience with that?
Alexey Shashkov
@vera_mirzoyan Awesome. Where do I write to you to book a time?
Vera Mirzoyan
@shashcoffe Any social media channel mentioned in my profile, or email address: mi.ver.mirzoyan@gmail.com
Ashit Vora
It is undoubtedly Webflow. It's simple, easy, and fast to create beautiful website.
Alexey Shashkov
@ashitvora Hello, Ashit. When was the last time you did a site there, and how long did it take? How much money do you spend each month on WebFlow?
Alexey Shashkov
@ashitvora Ashit, it looks good. How often do you edit something in it?
Ashit Vora
@shashcoffe Our website https://raftlabs.co is on Webflow. We spend $20/month.
Ender
Unicorn Platform. I don’t use it, but everyone recommends it.
Alexey Shashkov
@enderm Yeah, Ender, Unicorn Platform is an excellent builder!
Ahadh
I was impressed with @plasmicapp. Really advanced layout editing and code generation done right - amazing workflow for designers and devs!
Alexey Shashkov
@ahadh Hey Adadh! Interesting! Can you show your last website made with Plasmic?
Ste
hey I made a list of 23 page builder over here: https://airtable.com/invite/l?in...
Alexey Shashkov
@stelian_dobrescu1 Hey, Steph. Answered you on Indie Hackers. Let's have a chat with Zoom.
eg21
I used softr to build landing pages. Very intuitive. No blame for Webflow - but for me it's kind of an overkill - I don't need fancy animations or laser-level pixel finetune.
Alexey Shashkov
@eg21 Got i. Make sense. Can you share your last landing page made by Softr?
Alexey Shashkov
@eg21 The landing page looks pretty good. How much time did you spend on building it? And what was the hardest part about building it?
eg21
@shashcoffe it took me about 2 hours. I used to be a software engineer and a product manager. So all these things to me are easy piece. To me, the hardest part is about content writing. Hope it helps.
Alexey Shashkov
@eg21 Sure, it helps! I owe you one. Can you tell me why content writing is so hard for you?
eg21
@shashcoffe https://www.ideaio.xyz/ here you go. Let me know if you have feedback or any thoughts.