What's the best way to start building a community from scratch?

Goutham
8 replies
What do you think are some good to start building a community from scratch in your experience ? Especially for first time founders?

Replies

Misha Krunic
As many have already mentioned - real value (what specifically it's going to mean in your case will depend on your project). Also, be ready to allocate a significant chunk of your time to it, speaking from experience.
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
I would say a lot of research. To offer added value to your community, you need to understand your target audience and what they are interested in.
Goutham
@lior_galante_cohen That's an interesting insight! So once their interests are understood, how would you go about interacting with them & growing the community?
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
In my opinion, there is no one-size-fits-all approach, but I think that if you show genuine interest in their challenges, and provide real added value, you're heading in the right direction. Would love to learn from you as well! What have you been doing so far to grow your community?
Abderisak
@lior_galante_cohen Precisely. You have to be able to add value to the community and that necessitates a deep understanding of their needs.
Sharing ? I mean, share what you have or what you know. It's the begining for me.
Abderisak
Keep adding value to the members of that community. Give them a solid reason to keep coming back.