What's the best way for content marketing with #BuildInPublic?

Alexey Shashkov
16 replies
Hey fellows! I'm working on my early-stage product Getlanding.io. I'm posting on social media with #BuildInPublic daily. 1. How do you do that? 2. Can you give me a piece of advice on how to do it right?

Replies

Janinah
2. I think the terms I've heard around this are called 'Having a presence' and 'Learning in public' So as Mitchell said its about sharing insights and lessons with others on your business journey. Plus, having a presence is about engaging in numerous channels & communities.
Mitchell Orme
Hey Alexey! Great question. From what i've seen on twitter, people try to post a few times a week with the hashtag. I think it's about celebrating little wins, developments and maybe even being honest with some minor losses. As much as positing yourself is really valuable, I would definitely engage with people who are using the # too. See what you can learn from them, ask them questions and follow ups. You'll be building your network, learning from them, and having more people keeping you accountable for your building in public. The Maker Log community is also another great place to do this :) https://getmakerlog.com/
Alexey Shashkov
@mitchell_orme Hey, Mitchell. As always your thoughts and tips are really helpful for me! I can’t thank you enough, man. 🙌💪
Julia Doronina
Alexey, and what results have you already got using this approach? It sounds new for me and very interesting to understand the effectiveness, maybe we need to try the same with our product 😅
Alexey Shashkov
@julia_demyanchuk Hi Julia. The result I have already got using this approach (#BuildInPublic) – is 57 subscribers on the waitlist for 18 days. It's not much, but it's just a starting point.
Goutham
BuildInPublic builds great credibility for yourself and your product. Loved the experience so far since I could notice people reaching out to me based on the tweets with the hashtag. I tend to share product updates and my journey along with failures. The whole experience is quite humbling. Got fascinated by buildinpublic and I'm currently working on a gamified platform to help makers build in public and create an audience https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
Siddhesh Lokare
Based on my observation, you can just enhance the experience by uploading consistent stories on IG, starting a YouTube channel and sharing your daily updates, BTS and the process of building in public in either English or native language. This can be challenging but if done consistently, it can garner an initial audience for your beta within a few months! Also, participate in podcasts, do live sessions even if 5 people turn up. The process of content creation will lead to context creation for your brand. And I know you have that within you, Alexey!
Jareer Samad
Hey Alexey, regularly updating about your progress with people and engaging with their content is one way to get started.
Dimi Tarasowski
BuildInPublic community especially on Twitter is very active, I have met lots of cool folks. Simply interact with them over Twitter. All people are super cool and friendly.