What's tedious or annoying, particularly in your work?

Alexey Shashkov
20 replies
Hey everyone! Can you write in comments what's tedious or annoying, particularly in your work?

Replies

Mainly the people around me!
Alexey Shashkov
@maxwellcdavis Haha=) Hi, Maxwell. What's wrong with those people?
Anna Voronina
Oh, yes! I'm not a big fan of editing contact lists.
Alexey Shashkov
@anna_voronina148 Anna, that’s interesting! Can you define that process narrowly? What contact lists are you talking about? What is the process?
Shushanik Shahbazyan
I hate mechanical work, something like editing users' list or working on a translation manager.
Hamza Alabou
@shushanik_shahbazyan This reminds me of some repetitional tasks I've to do, I almost felt like a robot
Alexey Shashkov
@shushanik_shahbazyan Hey Shushanik. Nice to meet you! =) Do you mean when you are forced to do manual things in different software and have tons of back & forth?
Alexey Shashkov
@itshamza Hi Hamza! Can you give me some examples of those tasks?
Alexey Shashkov
@shushanik_shahbazyan Shushanik, I appreciate it=) What have you already tried to automate that mechanical work?
Alexey Shashkov
@complyant Hi, Eraza. What a brilliant reply! Much appreciated. How much time are you spending on that scheduling?
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
Keeping documents (such as Google Sheets workbooks), or ClickUp tasks up-to-date.
Hamed Baatour
the need to stay consistent! It's necessary to get results but unfortunately, it kills humans' creativity. Doing the same thing to get the same results is expected in this age of industrializing everything to the point it invaded the creative space too. ✏ want to write content? write about the same topic to rank well on google. πŸ“½ want to produce videos on Youtube? create a consistent style of videos otherwise people won't subscribe. 🎨 want to create designs on Behance? use the same color palette and focus on one aspect of the design so people can follow you. being consistent means managing expectations but creativity is by definition breaking expectations. it's a hard tradeoff. followers/customers/clients dictate the market today and consistency for better or for worse always wins these days πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Alexey Shashkov
@hamedbaatour These are very interesting thoughts, Hamed. You have raised a strong issue. How do you solve that? What are you doing for solving that?
Hamed Baatour
@shashcoffe one of the solutions I found is to present yourself online under multiple umbrellas to appear consistent yet do many things at the same time. interested in tech, finance, and health? create separate accounts/channels for each one of them so people following you can pick and choose what content they want to consume. but there are of course tradeoffs and it's no perfect solution. having multiple channels brings huge challenges. the orchestration of many distribution channels will be for sure hell and might lead to burnout. People always expect you to show up constantly in each channel too and they don't care if you have posted on another channel that they are not following. P.S: partially delegating this to someone to direct work into the right channels and monitor the output across all of them might be the ultimate solution but I don't know if such a person really exists and even if that is something sustainable to hire someone to do such a thing) I can go on and on about this but these are just a few thoughts I had in mind but I'm curious to know what do you think Alexey... have you ever thought about this issue too πŸ€”?
Alexey Shashkov
@hamedbaatour Hamed, you know, I really have thought about that problem too. And now I'm actively looking for a solution for that. Your thoughts are so helpful. I manage 2 Telegram channels + Newsletter + posting on communities and UGC sites like Medium. How many channels do you manage now?
Alina Ihnatiuk
Annoying ... hmm, when people don't react to content)))
Alexey Shashkov
@antonovna Haha, Alina=) Yeah, I really hate it too! 😁 How do find the answer to why people didn't react to your piece of content?