What's positive with the COVID-19 pandemic?

Benoit Chambon
63 replies
Tell us (at least) one positive thing that the pandemic has brought you (stay strong guys! 😃 )

Replies

Vinh
it gives me time to work on my saas https://hanami.run the wfh policy save 4hours of commute per day
Cica-Laure Mbappé
Less alcohol, more pushups 😅 On a more serious note. I have found a new balance. Working from home allows me to spare more "me-time" (due to less driving). I work more on side-projects, I cook more, and I workout. Walking outside has never been so precious.
Benoit Chambon
@cica_laure_mbappe wow! indeed! It has permitted to focus even more on ourselves, focus on what really matters.
Katerina
forced reflection because of broken routines. Also better oversight of what the kids are learning and what they enjoy about school.
Benoit Chambon
@katerinabohlec I do agree: it pushed us to change the way we used to organize our days, weeks, etc. I guess you enjoyed the spent-time with your kids more than ever ;-)
Joe Giglio, Chief Remote Officer
It forced the remote work movement into the mainstream. This, in turn, caused people to adjust their priorities and redefine what it means to "go to work". I think the pandemic also helped people to not take some things for granted. Basic everyday things such as going out to eat, traveling and attending events now have more value.
Benoit Chambon
@joegiglio See the Spotify example: people are now paid with their salary (based on their location) but can work from anywhere now! That's incredible! I miss pubs & restaurants so much... #Toulouse
Jeff Zhang
This is an excellent question: I think for the people who come outta this pandemic, their baseline happiness would be much higher. Personally, I've learn to appreciate myself and what I've got. Realized the people who are truly there for me during my darkest time and also realizing you don't need anyone during these dark times because you're strong enough to handle anything life throws your way. Can't control what happens externally, but you can definitely control how you react and respond.
Benoit Chambon
@jeff_zhang5 you're perfectly right! I think this crisis makes you aware of the relationships that are the most important for you, and those that gradually disappear
بیتا منکاوی
Stay at home and be happy with family
Benoit Chambon
@valentin_haarscher do you think remote work has improved your productivity?
Nazim @Koinju
to be able to wear birkenstock all day long :D lol
Anna Grigoryan
I'm terrified of public speaking, and now that everything is online I'm ready to talk to any event all day any day.
Benoit Chambon
@angrigoryan__ well, I guess it's easier for you then! Maybe you'll soon be able to speak in public! 💪
Amara Pope
It made me strategically manage my time and relationships, both professionally and personally, via all forms of communications! Having to heavily rely on digital communications, I realize the importance of prioritizing my time and relationships when circumstance and "outside activities" become less dominant ways to connect with people.
Artem Smirnov
Nothing much changed for me personally because I always worked from home. But I saw two great things that happened in our city last year. First, they made a real beach (well, almost real, there was no sea) right in the center of the city. They said that since people couldn't go to real beaches, at least let them enjoy the sand and the sun here in the city. Second, they alllowed all cafes to place their tables everywhere on the streets, even on central squares, to help them recover their businesses. It was a really joyful atmosphere all around the city in May while we were getting back to normal from the first wave, I hope they do it again this time.
Benoit Chambon
@artem_smirnov Wow! Smart initiatives! What's your city?😍
Alexa Vovchenko
There's nowhere to go out, so you can sit inside and work.
Benoit Chambon
@aleksandra_vovchenko It sounds more like something negative for you, doesn't it?😅
PAK MIND IT
On a more serious note. I have found a new balance. Working from home allows me to spare more "me-time" (due to less driving). I work more on side-projects, I cook more, and I workout. Walking outside has never been so precious.
PAK MIND IT
orced reflection because of broken routines. Also better oversight of what the kids are learning and what they enjoy about school.
PAK MIND IT
On a more serious note.
PAK MIND IT
Nothing much changed for me personally because I always worked from home. But I saw two great things that happened in our city last year. First, they made a real beach (well, almost real, there was no sea) right in the center of the city. They said that since people couldn't go to real beaches, at least let them enjoy the sand and the sun here in the city. Second, they alllowed all cafes to place their tables everywhere on the streets, even on central squares, to help them recover their businesses. It was a really joyful atmosphere all around the city in May while we were getting back to normal from the first wave, I hope they do it again this time.
Kanan Tandi
There are plenty. In fact, apart from the numerous death( which is a huge blow) I feel this pandemic has brought more positives. Like better organizations skills with the chores and errands, balance or rather work life integration, spending all day with my pet(dog love it),more video calls with loved ones, more time to learn and grow. Less people . I used to be an extrovert but now I have become more of an ambivert.
Debajit Sarkar
The worldwide responses to the COVID-19 induced pandemic has also introduced innovations that will advance the conduct of clinical research. For instance, Anti-viral treatment R&D has been prioritized and Regulatory and Institutional Review Board are expediting preparation, review and approval of clinical research.
Benoit Chambon
@dsarkar I do agree. What's more, it's pleasant to see nations facing and working on the same problem🙏
Mohamed A. Mohammed
Others have mentioned this already, but the first thing that comes to mind for me is that some huge names have taken remote work seriously. As someone who is hellbent on staying remote, it makes me hopeful for whatever my next job is!
Benoit Chambon
@mmohammed_comms For my part, I'm not hellbent on staying remote, but I think the most important is to feel complete in work, and this also depends on your location!
Mohamed A. Mohammed
@benoit_chambon That's a really good point. I suppose I feel most complete in work when I'm remote. Living in an area that has massive park spaces nearby for walking breaks is another remote-friendly perk for me haha
chujin bao
Although life is so difficult, we still have to be strong and love our relatives, friends, colleagues, neighbors, or people we just met,http://dongqimark.simplesite.com/