What's one thing that you're trying to get better at this year?

Yeshaswini
64 replies
We are all trying our best but what's the one thing you are trying the hardest to get better at this year, it could be professional or personal like a hobby or even a behavioural trait.

Replies

Nick Naumov
I'm also working on my health, but for me this is not only about sports, etc. The thing that I'm really focused at this year is my mental health - I've gone through a long way of psychotherapy and now I see how important it is to take care of yourself
Yeshaswini
@nikita_naumov That's so important. I wish I could pin this comment. Take care!
Szczepan Serwatka
I put on my shortlist on thing - dedicated time to listen podcasts or audiobooks. I am trying to have time on it each day. @yeshaswini
Yeshaswini
@szczepan_serwatka That's amazing! It's about small and consistent efforts.
Aaron O'Leary
Researching topics, want to develop a workflow for proper research so that I can explain complex topics
Yeshaswini
@aaronoleary It's interesting you said that because I recently saw a ted talk on how mind mapping ideas and information helps retaining it and sharing it with clarity. Do share a few tips on how you're improving on your research skills, I'm sure people around here would benefit a lot from it :D
Akshath Sivaprasad
@aaronoleary Me too! Started using a combination of Roam and Instapaper for this exact reason :)
Preston Coltharp
I want to get really good at cooking
Yeshaswini
@preston_coltharp That's amazing! What are you cooking today?
Mayank Gupta
My health. I have come a long way in these past 6 months, but I have promised myself to be at my physical best by end of this year.
Yeshaswini
@mayank_gupta11 Brilliant. I am so happy to see this as a response!
Nick Naumov
@mayank_gupta11 the same thing for me - good luck 💪
Mayank Gupta
@nikita_naumov I hope both of us meet somewhere and flex :P
Mayank Gupta
@yeshaswini thanks, it all happened during this covid situaltion
Varsha Anil
Be more kind and forgiving to myself
Yeshaswini
@varshaanil I really hope more people would say that. That's amazing, Varsha! Take care
María Vázquez
@varshaanil This is great! All of us should focus more on this I guess, but good luck with it!
Raghav Goyal
Being more organized.
Yeshaswini
@rg97 All the best with that!
Christopher Daniel
I am trying to make this url shortener better https://url.cafe
Benoit Chambon
Acquire strong B2B skills. I'm a PhD in law, so business is not my original subject ;)
Yeshaswini
@benoit_chambon This is so interesting! May I ask why you need those skills?
Rhythm Bhatnagar
Setting goals and sticking/revising them consistently no matter what
Yeshaswini
@rhythm_bhatnagar This is a classic. I have been trying to get better at this every year
Anto Mariantisna
Photography & Videography! Just got interested, currently looking for an entry-level mirrorless camera.
Yeshaswini
@mariantisna That's amazing! Share your work here, maybe?
Thomas Schoffelen
Letting go. As the companies I'm involved with grow, it's sometimes difficult to give up control over certain parts of the business. This year, I'm trying to focus on the areas where I can provide the most value, and fully trusting my colleagues to deliver the best work possible in any other areas.
Yeshaswini
@tschoffelen You have a daunting task at hand. Letting go is so difficult in any situation - personal or professional. All the very best!
Tanoy Chowdhury
I'm trying to be more active on Social media to boost some personal branding. Let's see, how far do I go. :D
Christine McClain
I am trying to get better at playing Chess. During this pandemic, I started playing Chess, and I love how there are countless possibilities in one move.
Raitis Velps
Read more. Self reflection. Personal growth. Keeping at healthy state.
Doug Lietz
Consuming personal and business growth books every day as part of my morning routine... followed by focused writing sessions specific to the topics I am learning about.
Yeshaswini
@doug_lietz that's a great. I am also working on articulating my thoughts better and also everything that I read
AKASH K
⚡ Shipping Fast And Shipping More
Aleks Bochkov
Personal schedule :) It is quite messy :)
Steven Hankins
The one thing that I keep trying to get better is my health. My wellness is my top priority right now as we are currently in a pandemic. We should always take vitamins and eat healthy foods regularly.
Jannet
@stevenhankins19 Been taking vitamin d, omega3, iron, vitamin b, l-carnitine, and probiotics. Honestly, probiotics and l-carnitine have been life changing!
tateghoul
Taming my anxiety