What's one habit you want to develop and one you want to drop?

Qudsia Ali
119 replies
Our habits assist us in growing or limit our ability to do so. It is indeed not an easy job to give up our bad habits and replace them with positive ones. It requires dedication and willpower. How do you define if any particular habit of yours is good or not? What do you practice to overcome it?

Replies

Kevin T.
Recognize when new employment rests solely upon my ability to completely change the entire culture of a long-established company, and therefore is completely doomed to fail. Loving you.
Niko Dovidija
Replace mindless scrolling with reading 😬
Niko Dovidija
@sachin_shajan Yea, for sure. We shouldn't pressure ourselves with it tho, gradual improvement is still king 😉💪
Jonathan Tourgee
@niko_dovidija I use Blocksite blocker. And put in all my time wasting sites. Still I turn it off and on like 3 times a day. But what it really helps with is making me conscious of the fact that I am about to waste time. And quite often I see that blocker and say you know what, I don't want to waste time
DCodes
@niko_dovidija Hey Niko, I’m going around and asking solo developers, what do you use to manage your multiple side projects, brainstorm and explore ideas, track goals, and plan out tasks for apps? Thanks!
Gurpinder Singh
Waking up early in the morning and sleep by 11pm instead of staying up late. Although I am working during those late nights, but still want to shift towards daytime.
Bharat Chhabra
To develop: Hitting the gym atleast 3 times a week. To drop: Watching Netflix after work.
Juan F. González
@bchhabra2491 Trust me when I say, going to the gym is not a very exciting and motivating thing to do. But when you go out after a good session, you feel like energized and powerful. Plus, you kept the promise to yourself to go so it builds your own confidence as well.
Baishali Chhabra
Develop: Want to sleep earlier Drop: Overthinking
Shushant Lakhyani
I want to develop the habit of tracking my calorie intake and drop the habit of emotional eating.
Reda Labdaoui
stop crolling social media and replace it with reading.
Divya
Want to develop the habit of sleeping early and drop the habit of having junk food late at night
Rishabh Jain
Waking up early, regular workouts which I need to develop and drop procrastinating
Fiona McCurdy-McGee
Develop: Meditating Drop: Mindless scrolling
Sushil Sharma
To develop - Write daily To drop - Overthinking about writing better, stops me to write.
DCodes
@sushil_sharma2 Hey Sushil, I’m going around and asking solo developers, what do you use to manage your multiple side projects, brainstorm and explore ideas, track goals, and plan out tasks for apps? Thanks!
Bernard Badó
- Need to improve in the art of storytelling - Need to get rid of that shiny object syndrome
Jefferson Vargas
Not developing, but I want to workout every day as I did before :c. Definitely, I want to stop going to bed very late.
Paul Michaels
Habit to develop: I am working on becoming an active listener. Habit to drop: the urge to break into conversations with a comment/observation. Yes, they are related but also separate. 😉
Louis Cirignano
Replace Mindless IG scrolling with Product Hunt 🤣🤣
Nat
To develop: Make it a habit to write 400+ words everyday. The more time between, the harder it is to keep up. To drop: Overthinking while trying to run experiments.
Juan F. González
I want to develop the habit of conscious networking not just a one-off thing every now and then. And I want to drop the habit of inferiority.
Launching soon!
@juanfrank77 We all have times when we feel inferior to others. Try to gather out some positive people.
Frankie Zhang
Yayyy Absolute drop overthinking. Too many things I want to develop: reading, healthy diet, 30-min meditation everyday...
Daniel
@frankie_zhang Oh yeah Healthy Diet! But Who is gonna say NO to fried chicken and Bubble tea ?!
Neelam Goswami
Habit I want to develop would definitely be reading more. I've tried and failed numerous times! Habit I'd like to drop would be the tendency to slow down when there are no deadlines approaching - end up working extra hours when the deadline's near.😑
Shaur ul Asar
I want to develop the habit of sleeping early and stop worrying about things that are out of my control.