What product started your love of tech?

Aaron O'Leary
49 replies
Do you remember when technology blew your mind for the first time ever and kickstarted your tech ambition? For me it was the iPod Nano, I remember seeing the ad and being hooked on tech and especially music tech ever since.

Replies

Olivier Tolédano
First time I made a research on Internet. It was on Altavista in 1996... So huge...
Aaron O'Leary
@olivier_toledano Ah I wish I was old enough to experience that, was only two at the time!
Kovid Batra
Video calling over skype :)
Michael Silber
Microsoft Encarta. Seeing an interactive encyclopedia was mind blowing when there was a huge stack of printed books on the shelf next to the computer.
Jefferson Vargas
I was part of the Nintendo 64 fever! Generally speaking, videogames have encouraged a lot my love for tech and visual development.
Jefferson Vargas
@kathrine_reed glad to be the one! Do you relate to this as well?
Or Hiltch
I think it might be Norton Commander ("NC"). It was the first user interface I have seen as a kid when I just started using the computer. Till then it was only DOS commands
3 things popped into my head · Dialup · Gameboy · Palm Pilot Honorable mention: Tamagotchi
Daniel
@gabe yeah!!!!! Gameboy!!!! I told my mum to buy one for me cuz it could really helps me to study and my mum never trust me again. lmao
ronsheridan
VisiCalc on the Apple II in 1979.
Sanjay Somashekar
Even though I was using several tech products for a long time now, my love of tech to explore new products started after using Notion!
Apurv Kaushal
2016 -Spotify in the UK. Was blown by the ability to listen to music so seamlessly
Huipin Zhang
JPEG. When I first understood how the image compression algorithm works, I was fascinated about the signal processing technologies. So simple yet so powerful!
Mélodie Girardo
When my parents bought our first computer. I was fascinated 😲
Gönül Ercan
when I could shake the screen with msn notification.. it was huge and I shake my friends' screen like crreeeaazzyyy
Anil Meena
Ever since the nokia engage came out... I was kind of hooked to tech...
Dilip Tiwari
When I got my first Smartphone! I felt like the happiest and wealthiest person in my house.
Archisman Das
Growing up, we didn't have a computer at home. One weekend dad took me to his office when they got one for work. Played a game which I think was called Bricks. Got hooked.