What product do you prefer - helpful or just for fun?

Maria Batrin
7 replies
I often see products that don't have a lot of meaning to me but get to the top of Product Hunt. Sometimes I think - how do the makers of something they've worked for a long time, that has a scientific background and intent to change the world feel, when they are beaten by yet another face swap or photo filter and so on. Is it something only I don't get? Or it's because we often need to relax and have fun?

Replies

Mekkie Bansil
honestly, i feel like i always gravitate to the ones that feel more "fun" but also as someone that's launched resource-intense projects before (and will be launching another one in a few days) this frustrates me to no end. I wish there was a split on PH so more serious apps didn't live in the same space as the fun ones. but i'm sure that would cause a whole host of other problems
Maria Batrin
@mekkiebansil Agree! The categories PH has for Golden Kitty would be perfect, I guess.
Andrii Kpyto
There are not many days in the year... Cool products can't be released daily, but yet another face swap or photo filter can for sure :)
Maria Batrin
@kpyto Agree! By the way, you've made a great product!
Wiktoria Jaszcza
Maria, that’s a good question. It also makes me wonder. Rather helpful products.
Maria Batrin
@w_j Nice to know that I'm not the only one! Thank you!