What product do you prefer - helpful or just for fun?

Maria Batrin
7 replies
I often see products that don't have a lot of meaning to me but get to the top of Product Hunt. Sometimes I think - how do the makers of something they've worked for a long time, that has a scientific background and intent to change the world feel, when they are beaten by yet another face swap or photo filter and so on. Is it something only I don't get? Or it's because we often need to relax and have fun?

Replies

Andrii Kpyto
There are not many days in the year... Cool products can't be released daily, but yet another face swap or photo filter can for sure :)
Wiktoria Jaszcza
Maria, that’s a good question. It also makes me wonder. Rather helpful products.
Mekkie Bansil
honestly, i feel like i always gravitate to the ones that feel more "fun" but also as someone that's launched resource-intense projects before (and will be launching another one in a few days) this frustrates me to no end. I wish there was a split on PH so more serious apps didn't live in the same space as the fun ones. but i'm sure that would cause a whole host of other problems