What problems are you facing with remote work?

rahul goyal
20 replies

Replies

Gaive Glodenyte
I definitely think it is more complicated to communicate especially if you are participating in a meeting that has more than 5 people.
Yohan Ubey
I guess I have gotten quite used to it. None of these seem like a concern for me. But I can understand it is not the case with majority.
Matthew Ritchie
One that I didn't quite anticipate: lower back pain from working in my home office all day. Ouch! Seems to be a common problem that a lot of my friends and I didn't expect from remote work (i.e, a lack of exercise and movement from not being forced to walk around an office), and is so prevalent that the New York Times has even been writing guides about it: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/... Aside from that, "isolation." I talk to my local Starbucks barista more than some co-workers these days. Yikes.
Nupur Mishra
Remote teams are all limited to those cubes in a Zoom call. There is no actual knowledge transfer happening remotely.
Definitely missing the informal communications networks that you'd normally have in the office like coffee conversations, meeting people at lunch or in the corridor!
@rahul_goyal It looks interesting but I'm a bit skeptical if it would be something I actually want to use day to day. All the best with the launch though!
Adraina Agyei
When we had remote work, one thing I really missed was informal communicating, the good coffee break discussions where more ideas come along while talking to a colleague.
Sini Katariina
@adraina_a I agree! And focusing only to the work when there is distractions at home. Lack of pauses and problem with quitting the workday and then moving to "personal life"
Ana Dodig
I've been working from home for a year and a half, and I have to admit that I'm used to it now. However, I still miss live conversations plus working from home made me quite passive to go out. As someone has written bellow lower back pain from sitting all day long is annoying and something that makes me nervous, so I tend to exercise from time to time.
rahul goyal
@dodig_ana I was also suffering from back pain, but realised a quick 15-20 min workout/yoga helps a lot!
Hans Desjarlais
Interesting poll, I started one yesterday https://www.producthunt.com/disc... and the results (so-far) seem to point to ppl preferring hybrid work (in-office + remote). Regarding your poll, seems like isolation and communication are the biggest factors.
Srishty Chaudhary
The only problem that I face in remote working is the sense of belogingness because sometimes I really want to meet my workmates and talk about work and everything.
rahul goyal
@srishty_chaudhary Thanks! Would love to get your feedback on our product https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Jonathan Yan
Hey Rahul, I love this discussion! I think all of the factors have been faced by remote workers at one point another. With remote work becoming more and more common, it's important to have a platform in which you can incorporate some of those elements you are missing out on from working in a physical office. oVice allows its users to customize an online space for many uses like a virtual office, online event, study hall, etc. All you have to do is create an avatar to navigate your own virtual space and you can invite whoever you want to interact with in real time. You will be able to speak with each other through a mic, initiate a video call or use the chat box when needed. It's a great way to optimize efficiency and collaboration in a professional sense as well as allowing people to engage in games and activities together when they're apart. If you're interested, we'd love for you to check out our Demo Space at tour-en.ovice.in :)