What primary tools do you use to communicate with your team?

Rucha Joshi
60 replies
We use Slack + huddle for almost all communication, Zoom and Thursday to hang out.

Replies

Antonio Angelino
PulseAsync for all team and company comms. Zoom or Meet for our sporadic meetings (recordings are then synced to Pulse). Slack for quick chats and getting notifications from other tools.
Rucha Joshi
@antoangelino Awesome. We have not used Pulse - does it also function as your task logging system like jira or linear?
Antonio Angelino
@rucha_joshi8 No, Pulse is not Jira or Asana. It's mainly focused on async internal comms, but we're thinking to integrate with some project management tools in future.
Kapil Gadhire
We use Slack as primary messaging tool and Gmeet for video calls
Rucha Joshi
@kapilgadhire Thanks for sharing. And do you use video messaging on Slack or post loom videos or is it just text based?
Kapil Gadhire
@rucha_joshi8 We do. But Slack Huddle feature is still little buggy. We have made a Gmeet app for Slack, we use that
Mathias Nestler
Google Meet for almost everything. Slack just in collaboration with other Slack Spaces.
Rucha Joshi
@mathias_n Oh that's interesting. So the test async communication happens on Google hangouts or do you always to video meetings?
Atul Ghorpade
Unfortunately, I am not using anything. Because I am not working anywhere now. :)
Jaskiran Kaur
I use Microsoft Teams for calling and messages with my team.
Rucha Joshi
@jaskiran_kaur Got it. And during calls do you generally have your video on?
Rucha Joshi
@pierre_kraus discord is pretty cool We used to use it, but since Slack introduced huddle we moved there for audio communication
Pierre Kraus
@rucha_joshi8 Oh smart move. Discord is def not the best for audio communication
Nim Ron
Slack + ClickUp for most of it
Rucha Joshi
@nimrodron How is ClickUp working out for you? By the way loved Amy's use case :)
Nim Ron
@rucha_joshi8 So far so good! It takes some time to discover and control all the features, but once you get used to it it makes the work much more organized and transparent for the whole team. And thanks! Feel free to check our upcoming launch:) https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
Rucha Joshi
@nimrodron Amy is is such a promising product, really good work!
Sharath Kuruganty
Slack + Zoom + Asana
Rucha Joshi
@5harath thanks for sharing. do you use video messages (loom/slack record) at all?
Sebastian Britz
We use Slack for day-to-day comm. Huddle and Google Meet for collabrations/meetings
Rucha Joshi
@britz_sebastian Got it. And how often do you all work in-sync?
Rucha Joshi
@britz_sebastian I see, we try to work async as much as possible. but there are days when we gotta work together more.
Sebastian Britz
@rucha_joshi8 depends different teams work together almost on a daily basis
Ana
Slack + Google Meet
Rucha Joshi
@justana love your title Ana :) Do you work primarily async or in-sync with your team mates?
Ana
@rucha_joshi8 Lol thanks, that is truly what I strive to do in life - inspire :) I am based in Seoul HQ, so we work in-sync with our teams in Korea and Japan but async with our US office (we try to have 1-2 in-sync meetings weekly in overlapping time frame, otherwise it's mainly async).
Rucha Joshi
@justana Awesome, thanks for sharing :)
Darsh Patel
We have a small team and have everyone on an organized discord server. permissions work great can quickly hop into voice chat/share screen too
Rucha Joshi
@darshkpatel That's great to hear. We were heavy discord users as well, until slack introduced huddle. It seems you all work mainly insync, is that correct?
Darsh Patel
@rucha_joshi8 Yep! I reckon slack might be better for async teams.
Sindhu Shivaprasad
Slack for all async communication, Zoom for catch-ups, brainstorming or hanging out, and Pause for time off-specific notifications!
Rucha Joshi
@sindhushivaprasad Thanks for sharing. What's Pause?
Sindhu Shivaprasad
@rucha_joshi8 No problem! Pause is a time-off management tool we built to simplify the process of taking time off and letting your teammates know well in advance. https://getpause.com for more — or you could search on PH for our launch post from earlier this year 🙂
Cerebrum Infotech
In Cerebrum Infotech, we use Microsoft Teams for communicating with team.
Johann Molinari
Slack for messaging, Google Meet for video calls Notion for knowledge management Popwork for weekly 1to1 meetings, prios and OKRs
Johann Molinari
@rucha_joshi8 my answer's going to be biased as I'm one of the founders but I think it has a great user experience :) Happy to get your feedback on what we're building!
Rucha Joshi
@johann_molinari How's been your experience building Pop.work - it is a good use case :)
Priyanka Ramabhadran
A lot of Slack Huddle nowadays. But for meetings mostly Google meet.
Rucha Joshi
@priyanka_ram Slack huddle has been such a boon!
Rucha Joshi
@carolyn_berry Thanks for sharing Carolyn. What are you working on?
Anupam Mishra
We use NuovoTeam for ultrafast PTT and messaging tool. https://www.producthunt.com/post...
GamerSeo
We mainly use: Slack, Teamspeak and TrelLo
Raghavender Rao Jitta
Our entire team lives in Slack during their work hours ;)