What non-fiction book do you read at the moment and recommend to read to be trend-updated)?

Sofia Polonska
29 replies
I love to read one book per month. And this time i want to collect best books and share the list with everyone.

Replies

Johannes Grenzemann
Start with Why by Simon Sinek
Sofia Polonska
@jgrenzemann interesting) what is the main concept?
Johannes Grenzemann
@tasha_dziatkovskaya that all products have the risk to become commodities, unless you as a company are able to develop a "Why", a narrative that transports the values you stand for - and that connects to the lifestyle of your customers. Like Apple with its Apple fanboys & girls (and he's overstressing that Apple example aloooot...)
Alice Rodgers
The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
Debajit Sarkar
Streetlights and Shadows: Searching for the Keys to Adaptive Decision Making
Veronika Nesheva
Sounds like a really intersting book, @dsarkar and is right up my alley :) ! Thanks a lot for the recommendation! Added it to my list.
Rim Lahmadi
Indistractable by Nir Eyal
Sofia Polonska
@rim_lahmadi OMG! fighting with distractions every single day) did you read Essentialism?
Gleb Braverman
Thinking fast and slow - it's an incredible read by a Nobel Prize winner about people
Veronika Nesheva
Great suggestion, @gleb_braverman ! Love that book. Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely is also a nice read to ease into the field of behavioural economics.
Veronika Nesheva
My team and I are playing with different marketing/sales strategies at the moment, so I am in the process of re-reading Traction, by Justin Mares & Gabriel Weinberg (DuckDuckGo founder). It's a good and quick read on how to segment and validate your marketing channels. https://www.amazon.com/Traction-...
Laura M
The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs!
Iscu Andrei
Atomic Habits by James Clear.
Swaraj Papadkar
@iscu_andrei articles on his blog are just amazing. 😍
Eric Nelson
Lifelong Kindergarten: Cultivating Creativity through Projects, Passion, Peers, and Play https://direct.mit.edu/books/boo...
Nik Hazell
Accelerate: the science of lean software and DevOps. Doesn’t sound riveting, but it’s brilliant for anyone whose business fundamentally revolves on how quickly and how effectively you can release, and iterate upon, code.
Felicitas Hilge
The curious advantage by Ashcroft, Brown and Jones.
Riley Bradford
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell really helps with understanding your own gut decisions and learning to trust your instinct.
Jeremy Cleverly
Highly recommend "Start with Why" by Simon Sinek
Dillon Peterson
HIGHLY recommend The Courage to be Disliked. @rrhoover commented on one of my Discussions and suggested it. Finished it yesterday (Audiobook has excellent voice actors >>>>> physical copy) and just started the follow-up titled The Courage to be Happy. You can't go wrong with these 2!!
Pallavi Jaisinghani
Currently I'm reading 'How To Ikigai'. This came as a suggestion on my Insta feed as Walkover.in, an IT startup had shared a post on this book. I got curious as why a tech company is talking about books to read. Found out happiness is at the top of their culture.