What nocode platform to build a web app?

Antoine de Verneuil
7 replies
Hi, I am looking for a no/lowcode solution to build a desktop app, such as Bubble but simpler. Thank you for your feedback!

Replies

Dimitris Karavias
What are you trying to build specifically?
Antoine de Verneuil
@dkaravias I was thinking to invest a few weeks of work. Thanks a lot for sharing Softr, didn't know it. What kind of hit blockers do you have in mind? Option 3 is probably not an option for me, I don't think the database part of webflow suits my needs.
Antoine de Verneuil
@dkaravias I am trying to build a webapp with authentication (with user role management), conditional data access (each client needs to access only its data), data submission and modification (we or our clients need to be able to add / modify data). Also being able to send email notifications on database update.
Dimitris Karavias
@antoine_de_verneuil1 ok, second question- how much time are you willing to invest? Bubble does everything you mention and will keep up with your future needs but has a steep learning curve. Softr sounds like it matches your current requirements and is very easy to start with, but in the future you might hit blockers if you need to add more features. Option 3- custom code within your Webflow project. You probably know the pros and cons already.
Dimitris Karavias
@antoine_de_verneuil1 I meant that since Softr isn't fully customizable (it works by combining existing building blocks, you can't create new ones like Bubble) you depend on what they decide to add. To be fair their team is adding stuff all the time but it is possible that you could need something in the future that they don't support. For your timeframe though and if it covers your current needs it's probably a decent choice.
Antoine de Verneuil
@dkaravias thanks a lot for your time and advice!