What motivates you to work?

Qudsia Ali
15 replies
The motivation to do something and the compulsion to do something are two different things. What are the most critical factors that keep you motivated to do work everyday?

Replies

Tetiana Nikolaieva
One of my motivators is the team I work with. I don’t know how, but the company managed to recruit wonderful people to the team. These people are pleasant and inspiring. I hope you also have a team with which you are pleased and comfortable working.
Fares
For me it's simple. Challenges and rewards! However, the things that demotivate me are different.
Dow Osage, MBA
Seeing results. I'm a numbers person, so seeing an impact of my efforts is deliriously rewarding. Having the freedom to try ideas that might improve numbers is a great feeling, too. So maybe empowerment & progress.
Luis Hernandez Peña
1) Using my bicycle to commute to work through the countryside. 2) Seeing how ideas become projects.
Denis Pimenov
I have several goals. All of them are long-term and are designed for 10-15 years ahead. I understand that if I want to reach them, I must take a small step closer to them every day. There is a Chinese proverb: "A journey of a thousand steps begins with the first step." This means that in order to achieve your goal, you must go. Take at least one step a day and you will reach your goal. I do. And I understand that these moments in my life will come when I achieve my goals. This is where my motivation lies.
Maya Ben Zid
Curiosity and the desire to solve problems. I enjoy facing challenges, building hypotheses and testing them out to see what works and what does not. It is satisfying to arrive at the right answer no matter how many wrong ones you had to go through.
Launching soon!
@maya_ovice Passion or desire to solve problems is good because problems are always waiting to be solved—a tremendous motivating force.
Maya Ben Zid
Curiosity and the desire to solve problems. I enjoy facing challenges, building hypotheses and testing them out to see what works and what does not. It is satisfying to arrive at the right answer no matter how many wrong ones you had to go through.
Neha Dadhich
A healthy environment in the team or company keeps me motivated to do work. Other things are secondary.