What motivated you to make your product?

Paul VanZandt
17 replies
I'll start. I graduated college in the first weeks of the pandemic, and I immediately saw there would be a significant gap in collaboration for education, businesses, and everything in between. That's why I founded Fresco - an online whiteboard that seeks to create a unique and simple collaboration experience accessible to anyone. Let me know what inspired your product and how that vision influences you to this day!

Replies

Anna Mandziuk 🇺🇦
My team and I created an eBook that explained what influences the cost of an app and how much time it took Steelkiwi to develop different apps. We got the inspiration to write it by talking to our audience and clients who were in the initial stages of planning their projects and needed actual valuable information to calculate the approximate cost before they reach out to a development company
Paul VanZandt
@anna_mandziuk Thanks for sharing Anna. I think it's really smart how you prioritized audience feedback and opinion before targeting your product - I'm sure this really paid off.
Miracle Elijah Mambasa
A problem I badly needed to solve for myself.
Paul VanZandt
@biokeyper This is one of the best ways to verify customer need - how did the journey go?
Miracle Elijah Mambasa
@paul_vanzandt We set out in 2017 with a conviction to build a personal cloud device on which to capture our life stories, digital legacies & family histories away from Big Brother's prying eyes, that can be kept within the family & passed on to posterity as a heirloom for our heritages & identity. Our dilema was architecture. ARM had computational Constraints and we thought we could fork and rebuild the Android Open Source Project. When hit with the reality of how insecure and impractical any of our considearations were, we hit a stall mate. We didnt wan't to build another device that will deprive private individuals of their Privacy. We had lots of trials & failures with existing blockchain frameworks due to unsustainability. Until we figured we could build our own blockchain from the very first layer. I wont spam your post with a link, but we launched BioKeyPer Digital Legacy Creator here a few days ago. (come & see for yourself)
Dylan Merideth
Getting a software idea into a testable form takes time and money and effort, there is a heavy learning curve and most of it can be handled with appropriate processes. We created idea island to enable entrepreneurs and teams to identify and develop problems, discover ideas, design features, build a composable tech stack, and bring financial projections and operating costs into a single workflow. So you know what you are getting into when you decide to build a new software product.
Paul VanZandt
@dylan_merideth I love this idea - it makes the entire process of creating products more accessible to anyone.
Miracle Elijah Mambasa
@dylan_merideth That's a good one! How much does it save cyour clients on average?
Andrew C.
problems problems problems!
Maya Ben Zid
Our CEO got stuck in Tunisia during the pandemic and was struggling to stay connected with his team in Japan. To solve the problem, he created a virtual office platform, oVice (https://ovice.in/), that brought the office vibe to remote work and made collaborating with remote colleagues a lot easier. Now he's back to Japan and the product has a life of its own.
Paul VanZandt
@maya_ovice It sounds like there could be a really beneficial overlap between our two products - drop me a line at paul.vanzandt@frescopad.com so we can chat more 👍
Kazimieras Melaika
A global problem for people that lack productivity, have health problems, want to better understand themselves, and want to improve their lives. We’re launching in late May. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habit, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Paul VanZandt
@kmelaika Thanks for sharing - I just subscribed! Looking forward to learning more about your future launch
Georgy Nemtsov
I am trying to solve one of the fundamental problems of humanity. It's all about how people communicate within a team when they work together. There is no good solution to the problem yet. Why I am so confident about it? Because people use multiple apps to communicate within the team. One app for messaging, another app for task management, and so on. This is all simply communication between team members. We don't have to use multiple apps to do it. We don't have to suffer from information being scattered among different sources. The scale of the problem and the huge potential of my solution is what inspire me most of all.
Paul VanZandt
@georgy_nemtsov I like your thought process. Can you elaborate a little about what your potential solution will be? I think there could be a valuable integration with our product.
Georgy Nemtsov
@paul_vanzandt Thanks. Here you can find more details about this project: https://ab-task.com. We've finished MVP, so feel free to try it out if you'd like. Overall, the idea is to have different entities or work items. They can be stories, projects, support tickets, arbitrary topics, and so on. Everything people typically need to organize collaboration. Every such entity implements a universal real-time communication channel. This communication channel supports collaborative editing. People can write big texts, upload files, and pictures, as well as exchange small text messages. Besides communications channels, our app allows to systemize and display entities in different ways. Currently, our MVP supports only 2 types of entities: topics, and stories.