What made you build your most recent product?

Dylan Merideth
13 replies
Was it a personal problem? Or was it something you witnessed and had a lightbulb moment? Or perhaps the Reed Hastings disgruntled customer founding story?

Replies

Innocent Amadi
Building hera.marketing because it would be great if great ideas could easily be backed by great marketing. Founders without marketing experience shouldn't have a disadvantage. My first startup didn't work out because our marketing sucked. Same idea, similar product and execution became a million dollar company by a different found few months after we packed up. Had a chat with the founder, and concluded we would've done better if I knew Marketing as much as I do now.
Dylan Merideth
@centamadi Marketing is an enigma, please help. We would be very interested in your product
Innocent Amadi
@dylan_merideth It is! I'll be happy to help. Could you send me an email: innocent@hera.marketing ? Not sure how DMs on PH work.
Dylan Merideth
Reed Hastings, the founder of Netflix, had a 40$ late fee at Blockbuster for the movie Apollo 13. Apparently, later that day on the way to the gym, he thought of employing the business model for gyms, for entertainment. Pay 30-40$ a month and use the service as much or as little as you want. And Netflix was born.
Pablo Fatas
Building SigmaOS because I am sick of being on browsers that are either selling my data or have barely changes since the 90s. It is the app most people use the most and I felt it should do more.
Dylan Merideth
@pablo_fatas privacy is so important, know that society at large realizes the full scope of what data they harvest
Brian Nutt
The typical text-based, "Hello {first} {last} thank you for your interest in {product id}" mass emails are boring and largely ignored. We are going to turn them into rich, interactive, and two-way videos!
Dylan Merideth
@brian_nutt thats sweet, would love to see a demo when its ready. Cold emailing needs a refresh!
Brian Nutt
@dylan_merideth We are heads down on development right now but you can check out our website www.adificial.net and sign-up for product updates here https://mailchi.mp/adificial/2lu...
Kazimieras Melaika
Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed health tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you. How did we come up with this? I and my colleague were med students who always saw people from close - many people suffer, many people fail to stick to their routines, habits, healthy lifestyle, and so on, and so on. What we're trying to do is build a tool for everyone to improve their well-being, whether they have a chronic illness or a treatment plan to manage, want to eat healthier, sleep healthier, get rid of obnoxious behavior and activities, or whether they just want to understand themselves better. It's difficult but with the right tool - amazing things can happen. Btw, we’re launching effecto.app in late April or the start of May. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff...
Rich Watson
The stock & crypto trading community on Discord & Reddit has surged since the GameStop short squeeze and the hard times during covid shutdowns. Users were sharing what they were trading, and others asking & wanting to know what others are trading. We started working on our app to make stock & crypto trading more social, allowing traders to input their trades or ideas, tracking that progress, calculating their stats, providing a feature that automates the sending of their trades to Discord/Twitter/Stocktwits. But most importantly is copytrading functionality, being able to almost instantaneously copytrade what other top tier traders are doing. We're in the works of improving this and navigating through the "red tape" of SEC regulations and legalities to fully automate all of this.
Dylan Merideth
@richw having worked in a highly regulated industry previous to my company, I wish you the best of luck. Question about your app: Are you allowing a means for sharing investment theses? That would be something I love about the online forums that i find is missing from places like Robinhood. I can find it on Trading view, but you cant place trades there
Rich Watson
@dylan_merideth So currently users input their trades (whether real or simulated) that are displayed on our main 'trades' page and their dashboard/profile. Share & contract prices are checked against live market data so can't be manipulated for false gains or stats. Right now this is only done through our Discord bot, we never intended to make it more than what it is but the activity has increased and feedback has flooded in- so we're now working on a web app that will allow you to input your trades through the website. Along with this is brokerage connection, this will automate the input of your trades for you and also allow the user to send their trades to Discord/Twitter/Stocktwits instantaneously. Additionally before we move onto a full mobile app, we will also add trade ideas/analysis that will be displayed separately from actual (or simulated) trades. Here they can select the TICKER associated with their idea, and write out a short analysis, strategy, or idea and post any charts relating to it. Users can already follow, and soon receive notifcations from those they follow. We have a built in reputation (karma) system that distinguishes top tier, helpful, or an overall solid trader or member of the community. Most importantly will be our copy trading functionality with the goal of it being fully automated hands free trading from your favorite or a top ranked trader, and rewarding/compensating those traders whom are allowing their trades for copy. There's still a lot of work to be done for the big plans we have, along with keeping our current bot updated/maintained. Have a look if you wish to get an idea of the concept https://thetradehub.net