🐱‍💻 What learning strategy do you use?

Vio Vanica
11 replies
I recently read an article written by Scott H Young where he emphasizes 10 strategies of learning: 1. Retrieve the information, don't re-read 2. Expose Yourself Multiple Times to the Same Information 3. Learn the basics first 4. Test Your Knowledge Before You’re “Ready” 5. Offload some of the problem to paper - free up headspace 6. Never Multitask 7. Pretend to Teach It 8. Find Your Reason to Be Interested To be honest I think the "Offload some of the problem to paper - free up headspace" strategy is the one I most of the times use. Wondering what learning strategy do you have?

Replies

Mayank Gupta
1. Researching and collecting articles and posts about that topic 2. Reading one after the other patiently 3. Writing down the important points or the points that I might forget 4. Going through all those written points, once a day 5. Implementing it in my tasks 6. Teaching it to someone who wants to know more about it, or writing a blog about what I learnt
Fabian Maume
1. Over breakfast checkout video course about soft skill topics 2. At 4 pm: tea break & screen break reading book with the e-reader for 30 min. 3. For coding skill organises micro hackathon on one afternoon, to learn new tech and start practising.
Vio Vanica
@fabian_maume how many hours do allocate to micro hackathons?
Fabian Maume
@viorica_vanica 12 to 20 hours per month. I have a personal goal to learn 2 new techs or tool per month.
Vio Vanica
@fabian_maume awesome man, love it. Do you learn/study alone?
Allison Braund-Harris
I'm a "Expose Yourself Multiple Times to the Same Information" type of gal.
Vio Vanica
@hardlyallison like learning a new language :) do you have sort of a structure on how often you expose yourself to the same information?
Allison Braund-Harris
@viorica_vanica Typically, I repeat the process until I can relate the new knowledge to other processes or information that I've learned in the past. Years later, I usually don't remember the specifics, but I always remember the broad concepts — but only if I connect it to other patterns.
Asif Kamal
I try to Learn the basics first