What Keeps You Going During Tough Times?

David J. Kim
3 replies
Hi Makers & Hunters, We all know that building something can be a bumpy journey. So how do you weather through the storm? With us, our team socials are important not just to hang out but also to motivate/pump up everyone on the team. How about you? Share your method below 👇

Replies

Urvi Patel
Chat with relatable emojis, gifs, stickers to break the ice/lighten the tension. Touch the basic but little things that matters the most, which can help everyone connect and stand together. Find a special skill in each of them and make a habit of leaving an encouraging note once in while on their desk/team chat group, as complimenting their special skill [like Cooking, Writing, Sketching, etc -anything that they are naturally best at] pushes them on an individual level. Also, try to build this habit in them. Play games, share stories, try different activities together, and regularly take these kinda fun initiative which may actually lead them to connect/listen/observe. Also, they'll be more confident while pitching any creative idea that may inspire enough to push towards the outcome that the team actually requires. By this method, you are not the only one who is motivating/motivated, everyone indirectly gets that push all together from each other regularly. Just do it genuinely! #Enjoy :)
David J. Kim
@urvi_patel312 Wow, the individual skills idea is great. Hope you don't mind me borrowing it :) Since you're touching upon chat, what we do is have a #memes channel on Slack where people can just share whatever dumb/relatable thing they want to. It's something people occasionally check and it doesn't get in the way of work.
Urvi Patel
@between_team Yep sure, I'll be glad if this could help you and your team grow. Also share your experience with me at urvipatel312@gmail.com