What is your strategy to avoid "Blank page" ?

Romain Cernik
15 replies
What do you do when you have to write blog's article, linkedin' s post, landing page, newsletter, tweet etc...

Replies

Hugo Hattenville
I think the real subject is : what do you want to say ? For example, I'm not able to write about a subject I don't control... But when it's a subject I'm interested in, writing becomes really simpler ✌️
Romain Cernik
@hugohtvl sure ! It's easier to write on a subject you mastered. But you don't have to be afraid of write on new stuff ;)
Nidal
Your brain is never blank. What causes the "blank" is the filter you have between your brain and the page. Reduce the filter until something comes out.
Romain Cernik
@nidal_ghonaim true ! Have u got a tool which allows you to do that ?
Nidal
@cernikromain I usually do it mentally. So if i'm writing an article i'd write it like i'm texting a friend with all the forbiden words and silly jokes i might usually say. then i just edit it to be what i want the public to see AFTER enough words are filling the pages. so first you generate enough content on the page with no filter and no matter how you bad you still put it on the page. and then you shape it. kinda like how you gather a lot of clay fisrt (enough to work with) and AFTER you have enough clay you sculpt it to what you'd like it to look like.
Emma Phượng Nguyễn
It's not about a blank page -- it is a problem of motivation. Human mind is very abundant with content, however, it just does not want to work as the way we want.
Romain Cernik
@emmanguyen sure. But creativity need a process to be shaped after all no ?
Emma Phượng Nguyễn
@cernikromain Creativity is a whacky process. The more you try, the less it will come out. Most often the most brilliant idea comes to you as a joke -- only know when you look back.
Jannis Dust
Use the creator's waterfall (or whatever it is called). Write what comes in your mind, refine that. Is that what you wanted to write? Write again, refine, iterate. After the tenth loop, you should be quite close to your goal. Comparable to what happens when you clean a sink and the water (creativity) starts to flow after cleaning it for a bit (writing without thinking)
Romain Cernik
@jannisdust yes, iteration is the key for me. When you have creativity (just take a look at your life, for sure there is something interesting that you can storytell) you just have to follow simple rules to optimize content to answer your goals, and let's go !
flo merian
When I browse the web and stumble upon a landing page, an email campaign, or a blog post that Wow me, I store it in a swipe file so I can refer to it later for inspiration if I'm struggling.
Isabel Nyo
It’s usually mind over matter. You have the knowledge but you’d rather do something else than write. Well, at least that’s what I experience. How I overcome it is force myself to start and write for 10 mins. I also have a template with structure for long form content. So the page is literally never blank. 😀
Romain Cernik
@eisabai Yes a template is a good idea ! Creativity without process to highlight your mind is sometimes difficult to understand by others, so it's important to think about it.