What is your favourite blogging platform missing?

Zadiq
12 replies
Do you have a favourite platform that you use for blogging (or plan to use)? What do you love most about it, and what is it missing? 👇 (Gathering info for an upcoming product: https://www.producthunt.com/upco...)

Replies

Sagar
I used to write on Medium, but now mostly use Notion for blogging.
Maciej Cupial
Wordpress. But speed test fails very often with most of the templates.
Zadiq
@maciej_cupial Yeah, most WordPress theme are quite bloated, and you need a few plugins to optimize and speed up your site. And in some cases, the plugins actually do the opposite of what they are meant to.
Kit Fach
@maciej_cupial yeah I had the same issue for blogging, and just overall frustration with wordpress UX in general. Right now to solve that I use wizrd.org which I co-founded to generate a blog that passses core web vitals and gets high speed scores, and have a focus on super simple UX.
Pascio
Free options.
Ana
@iampascio Which platform are you using? That's missing free options
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
WordPress. A way to create and display Custom Post Types without a plugin.
Sofya Narbut
I use medium and I would love to have tools to be able to promote my content... Seems impossible.
Zadiq
@sofya_narbut Does that include promoting on social media, and PPC adverts?
Alina Ihnatiuk
Blogger WordPress Wix
raisabel
WordPress - has everything but too complicated and overwhelming Ghost - needs better footnotes, option to add images inside toggles, and alternate payment option coz Stripe isn't available in my country Tumblr - needs a better editor. It's adopting Gutenberg, but it's very clunky. Tumblr features (like liking posts and sending asks) also break when using a custom domain