What is your favorite book you've read in the last year?

Dillon Peterson
11 replies
Howdy everyone! I'm a new PH member and this is my first discussion πŸ’ͺ. What I would like to know is this: What is your favorite book you've read in the past year? How did it impact you? What did you learn from it? Reading is something very important to me for continuous growth, and my "Want to Read" list is getting short. Recently read Think Like a Monk, Atomic Habits, and The Midnight Library, which were all GREAT! Doesn't matter if it's fiction or non-fiction, please just throw me those recs! Thank you, Dillon Peterson

Replies

David J. Kim
The Buddhist on Death Row. This isn't an entrepreneurial book but I found it beautiful (I'm not a buddhist myself). It's a biography about a man who's wrongfully accused of murder and has been on death row since. The book details his journey from a troubled youth to a man the guards go to to help calm things down. It's a great read and I believe it can teach us all something.
Dillon Peterson
@between_team David, thank you for the recommendation. That sounds super interesting, and most definitely seems like something that everyone can get something out of. Added to my list!! 🀠
Dillon Peterson
@between_team David it’s next up in my queue!
Alice Rodgers
HI, Dillon! Welcome to Product Hunt Family and congrats on starting your first discussion. Recently I have finished reading The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene and I recommend to read it everybody)
Dillon Peterson
@cn__katie Thank you, and alright!! Have added that to my "Want to Read" list. Looks interesting, many thanks for the rec. πŸ™
Ryan Hoover
The Courage to be Disliked is so so good. I've been meaning to read a second time.
Dillon Peterson
@rrhoover I started reading it this morning after I saw your message and it is great so far!! Many thanks for the recommendation πŸ™. Japanese culture is super interesting to me, I went to visit there in 2019 and loved it.
Dillon Peterson
@rrhoover I finished The Courage to be Disliked (audiobook is amazing, the voice actors are πŸ’―) and just started the follow-up to it β€” The Courage to be Happy. Thank you so much Sir for the rec, it really opened my eyes 😳 to how simple the world really is: It all boils down to interpersonal relationships. The whole teleology vs etiology thing really blew my mind too, because Adlerian psychology seems to go against everything else I’ve EVER read about the human psych condition. I love the concept of teleology and how Adlerian psychology denies the natural existence of trauma, really refreshing new perspective. πŸ€” One of the best books I have read.
Ryan Hoover
@cn__katie sorry, Katie! This isn't the right place to ask. :) You should hunt it yourself!
Dillon Peterson
Also just started reading Traction by DuckDuckGo founder, super good so far.