What is the riskiest thing you've done till date?

Ajeya
8 replies

Replies

Mia Pham
A bit personal but definitely having my son, while working and pursuing my Master's degree. He was 5 months old when I defended my thesis and I had no sitter. So I brought him to my presentation during his nap and hoped he didn't cry. He didn't and I graduated with no debt. I'm a strong believer of you can achieve anything and everything you want in life; professionally, academically, and personally.
Ajeya
@mia_pham This takes a lot of courage! More power to you!
Dawn Veltri
@mia_pham Mia this is awesome! I am also a mother and a strong believer that you can achieve anything you want if you are willing to work for it. We're only limited by your own beliefs. Juggling motherhood and a career can be difficult sometimes but miraculously it always works out!
Evan Stewart
I had a real estate sales company that I built from the ground up to be one of the top 1% in the state of Texas. I made an exit and walked away from that company and income to pursue my dream of building enterprise tech. Leaving complete stability, high income, recognition, etc. to enter an industry where I had no experience, no background, and only an idea was probably the biggest "this better work out or I'm screwed" jump I've made. You?
Ajeya
@evst I took a leap of faith this year. I was heading sales (regional) for a pretty big firm, well paid, good perks. Quit that job to start my Saas startup, against everyones advice. Hustling everyday and hoping it works out!
Evan Stewart
@ajeyasriganesh Love to hear it! Congrats on making the leap. Looking forward to seeing your company grow!
Victor David
Well, it's been a while, but I left a good job as director of IT at a major university to go my own way. Also, I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane from a few thousand feet.
Alexis Khvatov
The riskiest thing I have ever done is definitely skydiving! With a huge rush of adrenaline, I jumped out of the airplane in one go and felt like I was flying. The sensation of the air blowing while really high in the sky was breathtaking. When the parachute opened, it was like a dream come true. Gliding back down to earth with a wide open view of everything underneath my feet made me feel liberated and alive. It took courage to jump and I am proud that I followed through with it!