What is the oldest startup?

Armen Tadevosyan
6 replies
What is the oldest startup? I will share the right answer. So if you want to know this or share your opinion write a comment.

Replies

Anna Mandziuk 🇺🇦
I think that, firstly, it heavily depends on your definition and characteristics of a startup. Can we call all companies a startup until they've grown enough to stop being one? I've heard that GE is called the world's oldest startup. But also early trade can also be easily named one of the first startups. Wikipedia shows Kongō Gumi to be founded in 578, also seems like one of the oldest ones.
Armen Tadevosyan
@anna_mandziuk yes, I agree that we should define startup at first. For example, we can define it as an innovation that changes human life and grows fast. I think it is the most popular meaning.
Armen Tadevosyan
@anna_mandziuk yes, Google shows us that GE is the oldest startup, but can we be not agree with Google?
Anil Muppalla
I think the oldest government is the oldest startup since we buy services from them via tax. By that definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ou... is the oldest republic :)
Armen Tadevosyan
@anilmuppalla your opinion is very interesting. So do you think government can be startup?
Armen Tadevosyan
I came with the answer. If we define a startup as an innovation that changes human life and grows fast, we can say that the oldest startup was axe, because it was an innovation, changed human life, and grew fast.