What is the most start-up friendly ecosystem?

Hugo P.
18 replies
I live in France and work at Station F (a kind of huge start-up campus). France is cool for tech companies but got some administrative barriers for entrepreneurs (even if the actual government is making things easier), and aggressive taxation for companies. What is for you the best country to settle if I want to create a start-up? Looking forward to getting your point guys! 🥖🥖🥖

Replies

Meng Wee Tan
Singapore government has a scheme to give about USD30000 to any citizen who comes up with good business plan.
Hugo P.
@mengwee OK! That's super interesting! I imagine that the investing environment is pretty good as well 😃
Hugo P.
@mengwee Wow! And how are they assessing the quality of your business plan?
Meng Wee Tan
@hugo_pochet1 There is a panel of VC selected by the Singapore government. We have to pitch ideas to these VCs. If one of them endorses you get the USD30k in two tranches. See: https://www.startupsg.gov.sg/pro...
Meng Wee Tan
@hugo_pochet1 There is very good infrastructure all around, and being a small place it is easy to travel around to meet up to discuss things. Also we have so far managed covid19 pretty well.
Meng Wee Tan
So you can work with them to support your business
Daniel Cushing
pretty amazing to see what's come out of israel in the last 10 years.
Eva Steinman
@dannycush Totally!!! So much tech and innovation in Israel
Hugo P.
@dannycush How do you explain it? Is the legal environment startup friendly there?
Fabian Maume
@hugo_pochet1 There are many factors. It was quite well explain in this book: https://www.amazon.com/Start-up-... Well educated with high income population. Importance of military sector in R&D. The fact that is a wealthy small scale country make it perfect to test new concepts (there is small risk that your experiment go global before you ready for it).
Hugo P.
@fabian_maume Interesting! Just bought the book aha 👌
John Smith
Estonia is quite nice. You can do almost all the administration online. They have cool program for digital nomads to attract tallent (even if this got disturbe by the covid).
Hugo P.
@johnsmi52412940 Yes I heard about it! Besides administrative advantages are there others that you have in mind?
John Smith
@hugo_pochet1 There is a lot of startup & talent on site. http://siliconvikings.com/ is a good info source about it.
Fabian Maume
Czech Republic has quite nice ecosystem for SaaS: - Talented IT staff - Relatively low wages, which help to keep initial cash burn low. - Easy access to EU market (specially Germany & Austria which are next door) - Network of successful SaaS like Smartlook. - Amazing beer (that matter a lot) Down side: - There is some burocratie and everything need to be done in Czech language, which can be challenging for expat. - It is hard to find good marketer in CZ.
Hugo P.
@fabian_maume Ahaha! I totally agree with the beer argument 😂
Gnana
@India — IT Labour is cheap. Cost of running company is cheap. Big Market. Mobile Penetration and More scope. Lot of competition to go head-to-head with. Perfect place to experiment.