What is the most memorable April Fools' Day joke that you have seen from a brand?

One that immediately comes to my mind is the 2008 Google Book Search Scratch and Sniff :D Google Book Search has a new section allowing users to "scratch and sniff" certain books. Users are asked to "...please place your nose near the monitor and click 'Go'", which then "loads odors". When clicking on "Help", users are redirected to a page in a book that describes the origins of April Fools' Day. I remember vividly how kids at my school were debating if the screen smelled or not. Such a fun and innocuous joke, I remember it with warmth:)

Replies

I tried to ride April Fools' Day hype this year, and created an announcement video that my company has been selected to create product tours for the first Mars mission. It turned out great because I got a lot of congratulating messages, folks really believed it's true, even though I used an Instagram filter to make the fake astronaut video and used the AprilFools hashtag. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/up...
Anna Mandziuk πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
April Fools' Day campaigns serve as a great marketing tool for brands, earning customers' loyalty due to interesting, fun, and light-hearted pranks and also spreading brand awareness. What do you think about this year's April Fools' Day campaigns? Did you like any of them? Have you considered implementing this marketing technique for your business?
Launching soon!
I agree, April Fools' Day campaigns usually get a hyped-up response than usual ones, and they are great for attracting new customers as well. My favorite April fools day joke was from @tonyb, and it was about a wizard hat. You can check it out here. www.producthunt.com/posts/uizard....
Tony Beltramelli
@qudsia_ali Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! :)