What is the most important aspect of developing a SaaS product?

Soumya Chaturvedi
89 replies

Replies

Anshaj Goyal
I believe what's crucial for a SaaS product is to understand whether it is even solving the problem it's supposed to. The user data heatmaps around your product can tell much about user journey blackouts which can tell a lot about your SaaS. Also I believe pivot is necessary in a saas as well provided the rapid growth of new technologies these days.. it's important to adapt to the market.
Richard Gao
Being able to put in the consistent time and effort into actually achieving your ideas rather than daydreaming.
Soumya Chaturvedi
@richard_gao2 completely agree, many times people just get into planning and do not jump on actual execution
Richard Gao
@soumya_chaturvedi Seen the opposite too, but far less common.
Binay Singh
Innovation!! Keep innovating and evolving!!
Soumya Chaturvedi
@binay_singh2 that's the only thing that makes enhancements to the product
Binay Singh
@soumya_chaturvedi exactly :) You need to be ahead :)
Chameli Kuduva
To put it in simple terms - 1. understand your ACVs and how many customers it would take to hit every revenue mark 2. What do you have planned to increase ACVs over time
hari pragdish
Problem validation It took me 2 pivots and 10 months of building while building my first saas tool to have a customer. With eventhq, time to mvp launch is 8 weeks and we have 6 enterprise companies ready to pay and use. What was different this time around was, we narrowed our problem and spent 4 months talking to our potential companies asking what they would like to solve and how much they would be willing to pay
Soumya Chaturvedi
@hari_pragdish Talking to customers, hearing their feedbacks helps a lot in product evolution
Manas Sharma
Lovely thread. Great recommendations overall. My 2 cents: Good design is a make-or-break factor for SaaS products. You need to delight your users — if you don't then someone else will, and they will win against you eventually.
Soumya Chaturvedi
@manas_sharma It's a saying your product must give wow moment to all your users
Ramandeep Ramarayane
it should solve the intended problem
Karan Soni
Finding the right target market and positioning of product in market based on that
Launching soon!
The most crucial aspect of developing a SaaS product is creating a user-friendly, intuitive, and reliable experience for the customer. Developing a product that is easy to use and provides a positive user experience is essential to the success of any SaaS product.
Ben Skelton
Just because it works in the first instance doesn't mean it will work in all. Analyse the attributes of the first successful customer and try to find new clients that share the same essential attributes. eg. is the niche of national scope
Imtiyaz - Curatora.io
Talking to your customers. I think talking to your customers is most important and crucial. Listen to their feedback and improve your product.
Soumya Chaturvedi
@imtiyaz922 yeah, I agree. We too have a separate team for this- understanding customer feedbacks
Shrijith Venkatramana
Commitment to continuously raise standards.
Bjarn Bronsveld
Find a problem → Solve it. But it's harder than it sounds.
Sewell Stephens
Solve a problem and have a good landing page and product. Also, stay simple. Don't add unessesary box shadow, etc.
Soumya Chaturvedi
@sewell_stephens Yes website/ landing page should be put up so well that it tells about the product
Upen V
Been in Micro SaaS space with https://microsaasidea.com Below are three most important aspects - Enjoying what you are doing - Not losing the momentum - Maintain consistency - Be ready to experiment and adapt
phprunner
FInding potential customers and learning about their problems.
Sebastian Acevedo
I'd say trying to limit your natural expansion desires to working only on what you can realistically achieve. At least what I'm working on right now
Gleb Slonimskiy
The hardest part is making it a habit for the user to use the product
Soumya Chaturvedi
@gleb_slonimskiy yeah.. users should love the product
Nilan Saha
I think finding a good balance between sales and shipping features is key.
Rebecca Tany
The ability to meet different customers' requirements, is also the most challenging part
Soumya Chaturvedi
@rebeccatany It's most challenging but the foremost important thing as well