What is the most difficult thing for you in building a startup?

Julia Doronina
34 replies
And how do you cope with these difficulties?

Replies

Alexey Shashkov
The most difficult thing for me in building a startup is getting traction.
Alexey Shashkov
@julia_demyanchuk Julia, have you already read the book «Traction» by Gabriel Weinberg?
Julia Doronina
@shashcoffe Not yet! Do you recommend it?
Alexey Shashkov
@julia_demyanchuk Yes. I'm reading it now and I like it.
David J. Kim
Making something people want + ensuring defensibility.
Julia Doronina
@between_team Hello, David! We launched today with the new product ICANSELL, could you support us please 🙏 (we are on the landing page with the yellow logo). Thank you!
Siddhesh Lokare
Being able to sustain and innovate without getting paid for a long time
Julia Doronina
@siddhesh_lokare1 Oh, yes, I know what you mean... But I believe that we all will have a great future and success with our projects!
Julia Doronina
@siddhesh_lokare1 Hello, Siddhesh! We launched today with the new product ICANSELL, could you support us please 🙏 (we are on the landing page with the yellow logo). Thank you!
Misha Krunic
Apart from the financial aspects, I would say the most difficult things are staying motivated, organizing yourself, and finding people to help you with testing (ie. finding beta users for my project botmenot.com ) As for how I'm coping with them, to be honest, I think that the value I can bring is keeping me going! How about you?
Julia Doronina
@price2spy Yes, I absolutely agree, we have the same problem with beta users, always trying to find new ways how to attract them and of course, sometimes lose all our motivation. But, yes, understanding that all this can be useful for people and our new achievements (maybe now they are small, but it doesn't matter) motivate us again and again. Good luck!
Zied Hamdi
The most difficult thing for me is by far creating a community: through all my life I developed a negative opinion about talking and not doing because I saw many people talking without doing anything, or worse, stealing the work of subordinates because they talk well and know how to present the information. Building a community is, by essence, talking and exchanging opinions (which I would normally perceive as "doing nothing"). So I have to convince myself that writing this comment for example will bring value to someone :-)
Lalit Tyagi
The right mix of the team is the biggest challenge. They have to resonate with your vision
Mia Pham
For me, the uncertainty and the self-doubt that comes along. Some days I am confident wearing different hats but some days I'm not sure what I'm doing and the anxiety eats at me. In those days, I look for help and wait till it passes.
Julia Doronina
@mia_pham Hello, Mia! We launched today with the new product ICANSELL, could you support us please 🙏 (we are on the landing page with the yellow logo). Thank you!
Mike Mirandi
With limited bandwidth and so many competing priorities, I would say prioritizing.
Anju Aggarwal
Waking up every day with a hope about a positive news in your startup, that can motivate you for the rest of the day!
Manoj Singh
Managing business compliances is itself a task while running a business
Dave Bain
Truly understanding the customers' needs and aligning the product to fit.
Sonu
Finance is the main issue for any startup, and marketing is also play a crucial role to reach at the top level.
Abc
Understanding the customers' needs. for startup business.