What is the most annoying thing when you have to gather user/customer feedback?

Tasos Valtinos
12 replies
I have been constantly gathering feedback from irrelevant to my projects' people, my users, my customers and I have always been struggling with it. What's the most annoying thing for you?

Replies

Dwayne Charrington
There’s honestly so many things that will get on your nerves when you try and collect feedback. It seems relatively simple from the outside, but it’s definitely not the case. Here’s some of the things that I find really annoying: Finding the right people to get the feedback. Getting people to actually give the feedback. People always think feedback and surveys are just promotions, so they move on. Keeping them interested all the way through the feedback process. People mostly do not take surveys seriously and fill in the wrong information. When you talk about things that can go wrong while collecting feedback, the list is never-ending. However, there’s a much simpler solution to this problem. There are several online customer feedback tools like @qualaroo that are designed to simplify the feedback process by automating the feedback collection and analysis process. For example, here are some of the benefits that it offers: Dead easy to use and can be set up within minutes to start collecting feedback Offers 100+ professionally built templates to make the surveys beautiful and engaging at the same time. Collect both qualitative and quantitative data using 12+question types and always ask the right questions. Target the right set of audiences using advanced targeting modes and segment customers based on behavior, demography, location, and many other factors. Deploy surveys on over 6+ channels, including website, emails, social media, SaaS products, and more. Schedule surveys to only pop up at the right time to ensure maximum participation. Analyze feedback using AI-powered Sentiment Analysis and reporting system. Integrate surveys with some of the most popular online CRM and automation tools to make the workflow seamless. There are tons of other features that organizations can use on a daily basis, and the best part is that anyone can get started for free. I’ve been using Qualaroo for a while now, and I’m never going back to collecting feedback like I used to.
Artem Smirnov
That the ones who use us keep telling us that everything's great, and the ones who leave us don't tell anything at all.
Jan Kuzel
@artem_smirnov1 do you survey them periodically? the point of something so basic as an NPS survey is to set it up so that it automatically repeats every 3-9 months for every user ... then you have a much higher chance to catch the unsatisfied person before they churn ... this takes a 5 min to setup, every SaaS should run it. Some users are too lazy to create a ticket on support to deal with their unhappiness ... but if you show a pop up in front of their face, they will give you low rating and sometimes even comment why - ideally this creates ticket in your Intercom or whatever and then your customer success just replies and picks up on it. I can confirm that once they cancel their plan, the chance of getting any feedback about it is extremely low, its too late. disclaimer: i work for customer feedback platform
Tasos Valtinos
@artem_smirnov1 Hmm interesting. What about organising the feedback when you gather it? How is this as a process for you?
Matthew Johnson
Getting people to actually show up for the user interviews we scheduled. We've also been offering a small incentive to do user interviews, and definitely, a few people have abused that already. They do the interview to get the perk but haven't actually tried the product and make stuff up about it to make it seem like they have.
Jan Kuzel
@mattcrail by show up do you mean to even agree to get on interview (I know the pain), or they schedule and then dont show up? In our testing, offering incentive performed much worse to get interviews, don't be desperate. Once you offer amazon coupon or something, you will lose the highest quality customers, they dont give a crap, even if you offer $100, their time is more valuable, and by giving reward you trigger familiarity to some spam stuff. Great customers will even thank you for an interview, you are taking time to listen to them and make their experience better. Pitch it with that in mind. They are your partners. You can't buy your way into quality relationship, that will attract crap users.
Matthew Johnson
@kuzeljan both agreeing to an interview, and often times when we have one arranged the user doesn't show up (maybe 25% of the time). Interesting re: incentives. We've tried both and incentives did seem to work more but I don't have data on that. I'll experiment with our ask to be about improving their experience. Previously we said how can we make the product better - not how can we make it better for you. Thanks for the tip!
Jan Kuzel
@mattcrail hmmm my last thought is ... do you offer easy DIY rescheduling? ... in our case I believe 100% of those that book interview will actually do it .. BUT! ... they do often reschedule, even last minute and sometimes even twice ... so the interview gets moved 1-2 weeks, but in the end .. they always show up ... they reschedule easily with Calendly - if they couldn't, I am sure we would lose most of these ... it must be like 1/3 or so people
Tasos Valtinos
@mattcrail Thanks for the response matthew. Yeah usually with incentives it does not really work. What about the organisation of the feedback once u get it? How is that process for you?
Benoit Chambon
When you try to only get feedback but the user thinks you want to sell something more...
Junior Owolabi
The most annoying thing has been prioritising the swarm of feedback. So I built a tool to capture feedback as customer problems then sort based on data about the customers that voted on the problem, so design thinking can be applied to validate the problem. Website is: Https://www.prepxus.com
Dwayne Charrington
There is just so much that can go wrong with collecting feedback, and there are plenty of things that annoy you beyond comprehension. As per my experience, the most annoying part of feedback collection is when customers say everything is fine just to get over with the feedback. A lot of users don't bother reading the questions and filling in the right answers, which defeats the purpose of feedback collection entirely. Although you can choose to tackle the process differently, for instance, use an online tool for the same. I've been using @qualaroo for the past couple of months, and it has been great so far. It basically automates the entire feedback collection process and gets you actionable insights that are very much usable. It offers plenty of other features as well, which include: 12+ question types to collect both qualitative and quantitative data. Deployment of surveys on over 6+ channels, including website, emails, social media, SaaS products, and more. Advanced targeting to only target the right users for relevant results. Support for question branching and skip logic to screen through redundant data and customers. Ability to schedule surveys to pop up at the right time for maximum participation. These are some of the most notable features that you’ll need to get rid of the annoyance in collecting feedback. You can have a look at it here- https://qualaroo.com