What is the best tool for planning?

Maria
25 replies
Hey people! I am curious, and I would need your recommendation: I need a tool/app for planning activities and projects during week/month/year. It is for private usage. ๐Ÿ˜Š Any suggestions?

Replies

Fares
ms project, without hesitation for me
Zeeshan Akhtar
I often use Workflowy to plan. Many a times Google Sheet is really helpful.
Maria
@zeeshan_akhtar1 Ohhh I have recently heard about Workflowy, trying to remember it, but somehow I lost it, so biiig thanks for reminding me Zeeshan! ^__^
Camille Landau
for personal goal planning I've found that having a 12 month view on one single sheet I look at every day is invaluable. For "let's collaborate and plan together," I'm biased (as Docket's Head of Marketing), but I love being able to plan agendas for meetings ahead of time (in Docket, natch :) )
Maria
@camille_landau Well... 12 months on 1 sheet would be just my messy tiny paper note totally enlarged XD Great! Thanks Camille! I would love to try Docket, thanks for recommending!
Siena Romes
I love Notion for personal use. For work, we use Trello.
Maria
@siena_romes I have heard so much about Notion that I simply have to see how it works! :D Thanks Siena! ^_^
Harish Kumar
I am using Trello and its most easy to use.
Fares
In addition to internal CRM and ERP tools, I use Google tools a lot: drive, pagespeed, calendar, keep, translation, sheet ...
Maria
@fares_aktouf Indeed, Google did it well! I often forget half of what it offers... I guess it's about habits, as I usually use Google tools for a business, then mechanically I put a barrier for a private use >.< XD
Marie Lacroix
I'm fortunate to work with and work for a project management suite (https://zenkit.com/). Every day I realize how helpful it is, that's why I also use it privately on a daily basis. The possibility to plot my tasks or projects in a kanban board with added on to-do list feature, or the visualisation with a mindmap or gantt chart is really valuable for me. Additionally to that I have all my private data and work at one place and don't need to switch between various other software as I did before :)
Yarik Skov
If you are looking for a simple planner to use you should check out our new product - Planndu.
Maya Ben Zid
For work-related planning, our team uses Notion - it's great for managing many teams/projects, there are a lot of features, and the interface is quite intuitive. For personal planning, I still use a paper planner because it has no redundant features:)
Maria
@maya_ovice :D That's actually a good point of a paper planners :D Although, my papers become tooooo messyyyy XD Thanks for tips! ^_^
Kazimieras Melaika
I'm using Calendars and Google Keep on my iPhone. Helps me a lot! : ) Btw, weโ€™re launching in the mid of June. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. Itโ€™s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Maria
@kmelaika Great! Thank you Kazimieras! Thanks for the link, subscribed! I'll be happy to support! And I wish you great luck with the preparation and the launch! ^__^
Valeria Migova
My favourite one is Weje, highly recommend to try :)
Pavel Kukhnavets
If you are looking for an tool/app for planning activities and projects during week/month/year, consider a Gantt chart maker. For example, GanttPRO (https://ganttpro.com/). This is a nice looking and powerful Gantt chart generator that helps to plan work, track tasks, set deadlines, and collaborate with stakeholders. It empowers teams from various industries to create unlimited projects and work with unlimited resources. The tool looks really nice with its intuitive UX/UI design and a short learning curve. It offers a wide range of robust project management, project portfolio management, team collaboration, resource and cost management features.