What is the best platform to start a community? Slack, Telegram or Discord?

Vini
19 replies

Replies

Alexey Shashkov
Hey Vinicius, that's a good question, you know! πŸ™ŒπŸ™‚ I think the best platform to build a community is where your target audience already lives. I decided to start my Russian micro-community for startup founders and makers. I'm a founder and maker too. And we are living in Telegram and Facebook. I started to write posts about startups on my telegram channel and on my Facebook. And now there is my micro-community of founders and makers with 1000+ subscribers. People love the platform that they use every day. If your audience loves Slack – that's the best platform for you.
Tanya Desai
@shashcoffe Hey thanks a lot! It's in a language I don't quite understand though haha
Tanya Desai
@shashcoffe hey - i'd love to check out your community on Telegram. Could you please link it to me, if it's open to everyone?
Alexey Shashkov
@tanya_desai Haha I thought you understand Russian) Your name is so Russian, you know) But I can help you to practice it=) πŸ™ŒπŸ˜€ Just let me know)
Tanya Desai
@shashcoffe oh yeah haha I see why you thought that - Tanya comes from the Russian name Tatiana I think! That sounds great, thanks :)
Alexander Moen
communities are easiest to build wherever your audience already is and where you're also consistently delivering value.
Abderisak
@alexander_moen Completely agree. Build the community where they already spend their time.
Gleb Braverman
Slack is great because of all the features you can get - as well as channels for navigation. There are plenty slack communities with thousands of users.
Kira Leigh
It really depends on what you're trying to do, but Discord is a perfect choice and has excellent community management :)
Surjasarathi Adhya
If you're talking about work, then community building is really important to gain trust and improve communication. I've been working on https://thebutterapp.com/ exactly for this. We're still in Beta but we're ready to roll out!
Leo Fix
I personally use Skype . My whole work team sits on it.
Julia Doronina
It depends on your target audience, who are your users and which platform will fit all their needs and help to increase your community
Akinori Nakajima
VoicePing is our community right now. We recently launched VoicePing is an all-in-one application, that provides you with voice/video calls, a workspace, and time tracking in one package β€” all of these are outright necessities in most 100% remote organizations! https://voice-ping.com/en/ Do let me know if you have any feedback?
Suraj Keshri
gully.to is the platform that you are looking for: free, customizable, and beautiful.
Maksym Astakhov
Telegram - definitely. It is the fastest-growing messenger app. The most flexible tools. Free and fast.